Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Price that Dentside

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas, just thought it would be a good idea have a thread that would help guys figure out what their dentside might be worth if they're planning on selling, what a truck you're looking at might be worth and tell us what dentsides are going for in your are and what kind of condition they're in. C'mon, lets face it, prices of these trucks can drastically change depending on region...and none of the pricing books reflect what some of these rigs are worth. If you're buying or selling, post pics so we can help you out. Anyway, I'll kick this thing off:

Location, Central NC and Eastern TN

Perfect show room condition, show only truck, truck rating 9-10.....$12-18,000.

Part time driver/part time show truck, good quality all around, truck rating 8-9...$6-12,000 (hard category here, depends on upgrades/customizations)

Clean straight body driver, no rust, good paint, no engine/tranny/drivetrain problems, truck rating 7-8....$5-7,000

Daily Driver, minor paint/body imperfections, minor engine/tranny/drivetrain issues, truck rating 6-7...$3-4500

Driver, noticeable paint/body problems, rust bubbling/holes, engine/tranny/drivetrain leaks, drips, smoking, truck rating 4-6...$1500-3000

Driveable Project, extreme paint issues, extreme rust/body issues, obvious engine/tranny/drivetrain problems, truck rating 2-3...$500-1200

Rolling parts truck...scrap value-$1000

Truck with not much salvageable...free-scrap value

These are pretty good assessments of trucks in my area, and of course there are gonna be some trucks in between the ratings...like having a great body, but terrible engine or tranny or something else...but then it's a judgement call. I'd like to hear what the rest of you have to say.

My truck is priceless.

3 years ago I was going to sell the 78 with the matching trailer for $10,000

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
ha-ha very funny Dennis...seriously though, I'd be really interested in knowing what trucks go for north of the border in various conditions. Was talking to a guy on the other site not too long ago who is from Canada, and he sent me some classifieds of trucks that were going for 6-8k and they wouldn't be but maybe $2500 trucks here.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Here in MN, I'd say add:

It's hard to say Ben about those values. I'd say they are about right here also in MN. However, we have alot of salt and rust so the values of all those trucks are probably up a bit. If the economy wasn't where it is, the values would be much better anywhere I'd think. Here's what I'd probably give for a 4x4:

Perfect Showroom truck: no more than $20K

Part time driver/part time show truck, good quality all around, truck rating 8-9 (8K-15K). Yes, this is a hard category to determine.

Clean straight body driver, no rust, good paint, no engine/tranny/drivetrain problems, truck rating 7-8 (4K-8K).

Daily Driver, minor paint/body imperfections, minor engine/tranny/drivetrain issues, truck rating 6-7 (2K-4K)

Driver, noticeable paint/body problems, rust bubbling/holes, engine/tranny/drivetrain leaks, drips, smoking, truck rating 4-6 (1K-2K)

Driveable Project, extreme paint issues, extreme rust/body issues, obvious engine/tranny/drivetrain problems, truck rating 2-3 ($100-$500)

Rolling parts truck...($100-$500)

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I dunno, I paid $5k for my truck in '01. I befriended (lucky me) a classmate in college and his g/f's dad had the truck. I bought it and it had 38,000 on the clock, and was BONE stock.

Not too bad of a deal, even though I replaced almost every seal in it in the next 2 years from it sitting for so long.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well Lee...if the truck looked as good or better than it does now, I figure 5k was about right...especially considering the economy was better, and I'm sure those trucks rust pretty easy in your area.

your gonna laugh at this i got my f250 for $1500+ 7% gst = $1605 can $ from the company i am working for now but it took 2 years for them to finaly sell it to me as it was their shop truck with the help from the mechanic about the HUGH amount of $ to fix this and that [bs bs bs] i finaly got my prize but it was hard seeing these shop hands just driveing the bag out of her when i sat down to make the deal i had cash in my pocket and when i heard the amount i almost broke my arm getting that cash he could have wanted 5000 and givin the shape of it it would have being worth it
i was offered $20.000 a few times already would i get that to sell it? probebly not but with what i got into this truck i am better off keeping it

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I paid $2,500 for Burt over 10 years ago and have put a bit over $12k into him. I don't think I could get over about $4,000 now out here on in the west. Trucks are just everywhere for good prices here. Wadathink I could get back near you Ben, or up north near Buck? I'll never sell em, but I am getting an appraisal on him for "classic insurance" and want something to go by.

In my opinion and from what I have seen in California:

Perfect Showroom truck: no more than $15K

Part time driver/part time show truck, good quality all around, truck rating 8-9 (8K-15K). Yes, this is a hard category to determine. I think mine falls just below this category, but it's all in the eye of the beholder!

Clean straight body driver, no rust, good paint, no engine/tranny/drivetrain problems, truck rating 7-8 (3-5K). I think mine falls in this category from what I have seen of you guy's trucks..

Daily Driver, minor paint/body imperfections, minor engine/tranny/drivetrain issues, truck rating 6-7 (1K-2K)

Driver, noticeable paint/body problems, rust bubbling/holes, engine/tranny/drivetrain leaks, drips, smoking, truck rating 4-6 (500K-1000K)

Driveable Project, extreme paint issues, extreme rust/body issues, obvious engine/tranny/drivetrain problems, truck rating 2-3 ($100-$500)

Rolling parts truck...($Free-$250)

Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dak...I think you'd probably get the same for Burt in my area as yours...they're all over the place, so the supply is there. So I'd definitely say in the 3-4k range...in the rust belt, I'd say you could add on another 2k max. As for the appraisal go for it...Red appraised out at 20k, and that some how allowed me to get 25k replacement insurance through Hagerty if Red is ever totaled.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang it Ben now you got me wondering what my truck is worth.

You talkin about the dent you're gettin? If so, judging from the pics...it looks like $1500 would be a fair price for that truck...which is what...1000 more than what you're paying for it?

Last edited:

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
I would have to say here in CO that the prices fall near to what Dak posted, maybe add about $500 to each of his categories due to supply.

anyone interested in my 77 150 SC 460 ON PROPANE ?

I need money to finish paying off mY CC.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang...I'm really surprised this thread hasn't been more popular with appraisals, be it buying, selling or a feeler post.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Does my truck fall into the dent catagory?
It has dents all over the place, actually like 3 down the passenger side...

I will never make back the money i have into my truck, but i dont plan on selling it, it will likely be cut up and made into a wheeler.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sure done...if you want a professional FTF appraisal, I'm sure we in the gen 6 forum would accomodate.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Pic is in sig, it has dents down the side, interior could get a solid 6-7...

Pure garbage...you'd be lucky if you didn't have to pay someone to take that thing away. But you're in luck, I'll give you 100 if you pay for it to be shipped here.

Seriously though, in my area, even beat to hell gen 9's are still bringing in 3500. So if yours doesn't leak or smoke and droves relatively well...I'd see it getting 5k.

My 78 F250 SC is probably not worth what I want for it (but that's most of us) - I've seen trucks in similar condition as mine (non-SC) go for anywhere from $6-7000

Good - Excellent: $7000-9500

Work truck/beater: $800-3000

From what I've seen, the Pacific Northwest region seems to be a better market for trucks like ours (asking prices are higher)

Ford Truck Articles