Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

For Sale - 1954 Harley Hummer

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
LOL! ok. Here's a pic. That is not the correct front bumper and I am currently getting the proper wheels and tires done, with the hub caps. it's coming along...
gallery77.jpeg

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm pulling this listing. I've had no takers on here or other places, so I'm going to part it out. Thank you guys for giving me the opportunity to list it here.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I posted it on a Harley Hummer website, with no response. I also asked a local Harley fanatic if he could ask around. He said everybody is more interested in the V-Twin models.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Darn... Would have thought there would be more interest in something like that

I mentioned it to a few Harley guys I know also. They said its a niche bike said it was cool but they were into the bigger bikes

Yes, that is what I discovered. A completely restored ST goes for $3500-5000, whereas the bigger panhead, shovelhead, etc. are commanding $15000-$20000.

I did post the taillight on ebay since it seems to be the big ticket item on that bike, especially if it is intact and no broken glass, and working, which mine is. We will see. Thanks for the info.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Did you try listing the entire bike as a whole on eprey? I would've thought, even a niche product like that, would have a good shot at getting a lot of attention on a world wide scale.

Hate to see something like that parted out if you can find the right buyer.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I agree 100%, Ken. I did research some whole bikes on Ebay, and the prices that rolling frames were going for weren't that good. I didn't buy the bike as an investment, but I would at least like to get my money back out of it. It was an impulse buy that I paid more for it than I probably should have. I listed the taillight first because it is probably one of 4 or 5 parts that restorers are really in search for, especially with the glass intact.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I agree 100%, Ken. I did research some whole bikes on Ebay, and the prices that rolling frames were going for weren't that good. I didn't buy the bike as an investment, but I would at least like to get my money back out of it. It was an impulse buy that I paid more for it than I probably should have. I listed the taillight first because it is probably one of 4 or 5 parts that restorers are really in search for, especially with the glass intact.

Ahh.....got it....

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
If you're talking about mine, what's left of it is located in Eastern Montana. Most of the desirable parts have already been sold. I still have a rolling frame and the engine.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thank you for your generosity, Cliff. smilietease I'm looking for a local buyer since the weight of the remaining parts would cost an arm and a leg for shipping.

Ford Truck Articles