View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 09:51 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
Good pictures. How many miles you got on that thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
I pity anyone that has to/had to replace the right side rear cassette and timing chain on one of these engines and in part because of this concern, this is why me and others replace the tensioners, think of it as routine maintenance. To get to that back cassette and timing chain, you get to yank the engine or *maybe* drop the tranny and slide the engine forward or tilt the back down. Either way, it'll suck.
I've long figured (since before I bought it, in fact) replacement of a right timing chain cassette could be a repair that'll total my truck. Past 10 years or so years in road salt country, I don't think I'd bother with that much effort.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Sponsored Links