View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 09:49 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 406f150 View Post
Talked to the guy on the phone today and he's the third owner. Second owner apparently had it on a ranch and he passed away. Long story short he knew the widow and bought it to help her out and then just re-sell it. So he doesn't know a ton about it. He did say it has dual shocks on the front end, and I remember noticing that when I looked at it the first time. I don't see that in any f-150 photos unless they have had a lift so that may be part of the camper package on it.

The guy said the engine does have a miss right now. He's replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel pump, and put a new carb on it and it hasn't fixed it. Plugged fuel filter maybe? A friend of mine said he's had the starter solenoid go bad on his '79 and it caused ignition problems. Anything else easy to look for that would cause it other than something internal in the engine?

I'll know more tomorrow after I go test drive it.
Dual shocks are not part of a Camper Package...handling package I believe or the Ranger.

Starter solenoid should have nothing to do with ignition issues...unless there is a bad connection at the solenoid itself.

Look at (as you mentioned) fuel filter...air cleaner..pcv valve....vacuum leaks...there are a multitude of things that can cause crappy running.

Have a look at this manual...

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/for...ad.php?t=29167
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.