Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Diesel Prices

FYI - last year the excuse was hurricanes....
this year they are mostly reoaired, but refining less to keep prices up...

WHO in the world would ever THINK there may be price fixing :) :)

I hope the real truckers are getting a break cuz this 44 gal @ a pop is terrible !

course I wouldn't drive anything else :)

personally, we "real truckers:rofl: " don't get any breaks on price. Companies can. if the sign up with this truck stop or that one as their "sole supplier". usually this is from 3-5 cents per gallon. again, personally, I don't like the idea of being "locked in" to a certain brand. Most of the time I buy mine from the independents, and if I pay cash, I can still get a nickel break... wooo hoooo!
I'll continue to pay the extra nickel; I buy sometimes a 600 gallons in a week, and I'll be whacked if I'm gonna carry that kind of cash on me!

econo61

head pervert
okla
since i dont do the deisel anymore, [it aint my fault guy's!], gas hit 289, deisel is 275. first time in a couple years i have seen deisel lower than gas in okieland!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Diesel is about 2.79 here in Union and gas is the same. Drove all the way to Hannibal and back via St. Charles and Gas was a whopping 3.20 a gallon average and Diesel was about 2.59!

in a way, it's nice to see Gas higher than diesel again! But those prices are still a killer! Cost 40 bucks to fill the wife's car last week!

Kep4

Jäger
Interesting fuel price comparison from 6 months ago.

Diesel in the Ontario/Diamond Bar/Walnut areas varies from $3.09 to $2.93/gallon as of yesterday.
Gasoline is $2.50 to $2.69/gallon!

Looks like the oil-burners are taking it in the shorts again. :headbang:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Interesting fuel price comparison from 6 months ago.

Diesel in the Ontario/Diamond Bar/Walnut areas varies from $3.09 to $2.93/gallon as of yesterday.
Gasoline is $2.50 to $2.69/gallon!

Looks like the oil-burners are taking it in the shorts again. :headbang:

Bend over... the oil companies will be doing the driving... again!!! :headbang:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Central Maine (Bangor area) diesel is around $2.92, and unleaded is somewhere in the neighborhood of $2.72.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Kansas City (Kansas side)... diesel is $3.03 - 3.09/gallon... and going up the last week!!!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
$2.79 here in Bossier City. $2.79 down the Bayou twards Houma. Prices

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
$2.79 here in Bossier City. $2.79 down the Bayou twards Houma. Prices all higher inbetween for some reason?

Because the hits just keep on coming with diesel pricing, last weekend I filled my "strategic petroleum reserve" at 4.45 per gallon. 190.00 worth of fuel! All but one of the stations around me had gone up to 4.59-4.65 so I thought I'd start my hedge fund.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
This thread depresses me. A year ago February it started out at $2.20/gallon, and I paid $4.99/gal in Washington three days ago.:( Price more than doubled in 15 months!

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Oh my god, I read the beginning of this thread without reading the date and I'm thinking whiskey tango foxtrot? Then I saw the date. :(

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Ha, Ha, $4.65 here now.

Ford Truck Articles