Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bandits 72 Ford Truck

I did mark the hinges by drilling a very small hole through the hinge so I can line them up and tighten them down right back to where they were.
Here are some after shots when the painting of the rad. support was basically complete.

Attachments

• image2 (2).JPG
  • image4 (2).JPG
  • IMG_4847.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That looks great!..nicely done!

I did mark the hinges by drilling a very small hole through the hinge so I can line them up and tighten them down right back to where they were.
Here are some after shots when the painting of the rad. support was basically complete.

Great job.Lookin clean ,an cant wait to see the engine in!...YelloThumbUp

Just a little update. Dropped the Block, crank and pistons off at the engine shop along with the front timing cover and oil pan to be cleaned and machined and get the engine kit ordered. I have all new seals for all the glass, door seals, etc etc ordered as well as a new windshield ordered waiting to be picked up. I'm lucky in the fact that Dennis Carpenters and Steele Rubber products are local to me so I can just pick them up when I'm ready to order things.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Dennis Carpenters is a nice place. Friends and I would stop in on the way to AutoFair.I miss going there.

Well a little update on the truck engine. We got to work on it some on Sat and got the bottom end almost completed but no one had a new oil pump pickup local and I had the wrong dial pin in the camshaft so it did not come through far enough for the fuel pump eccentric. These few items will be handled tomorrow though then its we are just waiting on the lifters to get here and for me to decide on an intake for it.
Hopefully not to much longer now and she will be back on the road.

Attachments

• IMG_5476.JPG
  • IMG_5475.JPG
  • IMG_5474.JPG
  • IMG_5473.JPG
  • IMG_5363.JPG

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Engine bay and your short block looks real good. Looking for the next update.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good!...what's the specs on the build?

Looks good!...what's the specs on the build?

I'm sorry I missed this question.
This motor is just a very mild build with the cylinders being bored 30over stock crank and rods with a B303 cam. It has Howard's retrofit roller lifters with the link bar and 1.6 roller rockers going on a set of stock E7 heads with screw in rocker arm studs All held together with arp bolts. I'm on the look out for either a Weiand stealth intake or an Edelbrock performer rpm and a 600 or so holley carb to top it off.
Should be a decent little engine to have in the truck.

I've been working on the inside of my truck a little trying to get it cleaned up and looking the way I want it to look.
I've got the door jambs all cleaned up and repainted so that they look better but it took a little work to get them there. I had to remove most all of the seam sealer in all the places it was due to it being loose every where.
Bought a pint of the stuff and some brushes and re-applied it in all those places I removed it from and got everything sanded down primed and got the floor all cleaned up and removed what rust was in it and coated it with Por 15 to seal it up and primed it all.
I think it turned out pretty good.
Oh and I hope all my trim pieces will turn out like this one..

Attachments

• IMG_5782.JPG
  • IMG_5776.JPG
  • IMG_5775.JPG
  • IMG_5779.JPG
  • IMG_5780.JPG

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Wow.....looks good!

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Everyone. Things are going to move a little faster as I was able to sell a work van I no longer use and gain a little money to put into getting this truck back on the road and putting it to use again.

Ford Truck Articles