Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build thread

Jeep.
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

For size reference the jeep was on 30" tires and 1.75" lift

The other pic its on 32"s and 3.5"

Attachments

• 1002151319a.jpg
  • IMG_0397.jpg
Not yet. Will try to get up and get it going this weekend. Maybe not, i have a concussion and it weekend my immune system so i somehow got shingles. Yayyy. I dont why i cant just get a cold or something. When i get sick its always something bad.

Ouch.....Well ,I guess its better than amnesia an critters!...smilieeatndrink

Well I hope things get better!....smilieFordlogo

Its not too bad. These trucks are really simple and easy to work on even compared to my 93 grand cherokee

Since I don't have a tailgate... I want to build one, thinking a prerruner style tube tail gate. One that will hold my spare and a jerry can.. Then building a new bumper, also forerunner ish with a stinger and light guards like the jeep. I also want a roof rack.. I'm going up to 37's thinking the pit bull rockers. It Probabaly wont be driven a whole lot so they should last long enough.. I wanna keep mud tires on it but want to go bigger and throw the 35s on the jeep for snow wheeling.

I hear por15 recommended a lot for frame coating... Is it decent enough? I don't think I need to worry about it rusting up again as long as something is on it. I will eventually tear the body off again to plate the frame and actually have it powder coated. Starting Thursday I should have a couple hundred a mo,th to spend on the truck... Jeep is top priority until it's done. So i will use that money to fix the rust, coat the frame, and get the steering done

Well after 6 years with the truck I had to let it go recently. No room for it anymore. Had it at my parents house but after a divorce they both moved so it is gone. Bought a fox body after the Jeep transmission issues then traded plus cash for my 82 f150. So I will start a thread in the gen 7 forum and try to keep it updated. I’ll be a dentside owner again someday hopefully super cab and a modernish chassis.

Ford Truck Articles