Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New radiator now leaking water pump

1995 f150 5.8 257k

Hey guys! I just replaced my radiator because it was leaking, truck lasted 2 weeks before it was pouring coolant in the parking lot. Coolant is coming out of water pump weep hole ~1drop/10s. It was 2 days after I had rechecked the reservoir level, though it was low, and added coolant straight into radiator cap (because I could also hear my heater core sucking for coolant). My truck is not overheating and there are no abnormal noises. I did NOT burp the cooling system while replacing the radiator, I didn't know that was a thing. I just popped the radiator cap when I thought about it and a good amount of pressure came out. Anything else to try or am I stuck replacing the water pump?

Thanks!

^ What he said.

Dripping from the weep hole is usually an indication that the seal and/or bearings have or are going bad.

It will still move water and keep the engine cool, but it will start making a lot of noise in time.

^ What he said.

Dripping from the weep hole is usually an indication that the seal and/or bearings have or are going bad.

It will still move water and keep the engine cool, but it will start making a lot of noise in time.
Correction: A slight (read:not noticeable) dripping is normal as it helps to rinse out contaminants and it usually falls when driving or evaporates quickly. But steady dripping is a sign of a problem.

Ford Truck Articles