Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Places to look

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
What are some good areas to look for rental houses and jobs around Orlando?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Dude, Orlando is expensive in any aspect....an apartment would be the way to go but you're still lookin at over 1k for a 3 bedroom. Best bet is buy one away from town...You'll stay away from having to pay parking meters or garages and save money on housing......I live in Lake county, so I can't tell ya bout Orange county housingwise.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's not in Orlando, or even close for that matter...but I know grandparents live in an old folks park in Clearwater when they go down for the winter. IIRC, they pay like $400/month for their double wide. So I dunno how prevalent things like that are, but when I head down there...there seems to be a butt ton of those parks in the surrounding areas.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Interests rates at 4.1% and no points can be had.

Buy a house.

Can't buy a house right now. Clearwater is way too far from where I need to be so it's between Orlando and Daytona Beach. I prefer a small town where prices are more reasonable.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Where exactly do you have to be?

You might try lookin at Ocala,it's in the center of Florida,about 70 miles west of Daytona.

I nrrd to be where there is a lot of office work that my wife does and where she can finish up her education in Business Adm. Me I want to be near Orlando where my friend has a shop making fiberglass parts.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
For business administration I'd hit Semonole County Community College no doubt....my cousin is going there for that....Nothing in Orange county is gonna be cheap I can tell you that right now....better to be in Lake county and drive 45 minutes to get where you need to go. There's a couple MH's in Altoona for rent for around 500-600 if that's within your range.....

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
For business administration I'd hit Semonole County Community College no doubt....my cousin is going there for that....Nothing in Orange county is gonna be cheap I can tell you that right now....better to be in Lake county and drive 45 minutes to get where you need to go. There's a couple MH's in Altoona for rent for around 500-600 if that's within your range.....

That looks good. I will look it up. Thanks

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
NP man, I drove back and forth from Lake county to Orlando/Orange county for 4 years for work.......traffic isn't bad if you're early and you can avoid I-4. But housing costs so dang much in Orange county.....cost of living in general is higher and it's gonna be that way in Orange, Volusia, Seminole and Osceola. South Lake County (IE Clermont, Groveland) is going to have a higher cost of live than what we got in the boonies. If you decide on a place in Altoona I'd show ya around, but when you got into town you'd see everything there anyways!

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
NP man, I drove back and forth from Lake county to Orlando/Orange county for 4 years for work.......traffic isn't bad if you're early and you can avoid I-4. But housing costs so dang much in Orange county.....cost of living in general is higher and it's gonna be that way in Orange, Volusia, Seminole and Osceola. South Lake County (IE Clermont, Groveland) is going to have a higher cost of live than what we got in the boonies. If you decide on a place in Altoona I'd show ya around, but when you got into town you'd see everything there anyways!

We plan on going to Fl in Nov to visit friends. I'll let you know and we can get together.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Mine too....where do you think I was raised? Heck, you get on 42 and it's dead east of ya! You'll run right into it. Every time I think of Altoona a Tim McGraw song comes into my head. I'm from a map dot, a stop sign on a black top......

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I wasn't aware you were in a chair....yea Daytona will definitely be better...drive on beach and the sand is usually packed down.

NP I'm not paralyzed, I have Neuropthy.Which I got from Chemo and diabetes. I have to feeling below my ankles and feet. So I can break a bone or step on something,and receive a cut without feeling it. Like the other day driving my truck I broke a toe from the clutch pedal flying up when my foot slipped off.

I do walk small distances and drive with no problems. But the truck will be converted to a automatic.

Ford Truck Articles