Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Question on aftermarket rims

Hello all again its me and I have another question for you all. I need to put new rims and tires on my truck. I have the tires already and was looking for a cheap rim to put the tires on that will fit my truck. So i was interested in these: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-3985855/overview/ but when I go to the link that is in the question and answer section to make sure they fit my truck it tells me these are not compatible with my truck anyone know why that is?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's the correct bolt pattern...only potential issue would be hub centric vs lug centric wheels, but I don't see that listed.

Fellro

Staff member
Center bore is 4.28. Factory center is about 3 7/16" so may be why they say that. Unless you haul heavy, you can use just lugs to carry the load. Just make sure they stay tight

Fellro

Staff member
It is pretty hard to find aftermarket rims that do the hub centric. Run many over the years that did not have the center support and survived fine.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
if need be you can buy centric ring spacers to make up the difference... i did that with my old truck.. only time it became a problem was when the brakes needed done.. would have been another problem whenever i would have needed to use the spare.. but never had to..

Ford Truck Articles