Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brakes help

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
going to pass inspection soon

the brakes pads in the front are new the wheel cylinders in the rear are new with good brake shoes.. now when testing the brakes today ive noticed the truck pulls a little bit to the right but only when mashing the pedal really hard and skids.. doesnt pull when doing normal braking.. what can be done to get all brakes working the same???

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Could be that the brakes are not adjusted evenly in the rear, or a brake hose in the front is starting to collapse internally not letting the fluid return as quick as it should. Also check that your pads move freely and check your calipers.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Could be that the brakes are not adjusted evenly in the rear, or a brake hose in the front is starting to collapse internally not letting the fluid return as quick as it should. Also check that your pads move freely and check your calipers.

rear brakes can cause the truck to pull to the side?? im in the process of adjusting the foot ram and it grabs the right side more than the left tomorrow im gonna re adjust

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would check the front first. I've seen it a couple of times in the rear. Not often but it's worth checking. How do they check them during inspection? Here in NJ they would hit skid plates and give a chart of the pressure applied on each wheel. If something was out of whack you could see where the problem was.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I would check the front first. I've seen it a couple of times in the rear. Not often but it's worth checking. How do they check them during inspection? Here in NJ they would hit skid plates and give a chart of the pressure applied on each wheel. If something was out of whack you could see where the problem was.

same thing here..

ok im gonna bleed the fronts tomorrow and adjust the rear and double chek it i suspect its the rear becuase i never had this prob before it came when i started to change the wheel cylinders and adjust the foot brake

Kaajot

Micro Machine Manager
old thread but what ever was the problem. I am hunting down a front pull when I hit the brakes.

Nice Necro.

Did you figure it out? Since you know, we didn't get any info on what's going on with your brakes, other than a front pull.

If you know it's front, there's half your battle. Now is it left or right? And that's the side you open up and check for pads or a sticky/locked caliper or....

I dunno. I just replace my pads and rotors and A12/13 bearings -- sometimes my calipers (did those in 2009, they're still good). ^_^ Brake bleeds are no fun, so glad my calipers are champs.

I didn't figure it out completely yet. Right rear top caliper pin was stuck. Cleaned and re lubed both sides. Still pulls a little to the left when hard braking but not as bad. I was told in another thread that the pads in the back were wearing in. Keep ya posted.

Ford Truck Articles