Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Bronco today?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ok, so I got the breakdown from the guy:

2 hours labor $70
2 feet wire $2
2 relays $23.24
2 pig tails (don't know what these are) $18.88

Total $114.12

Thank you, Ken. I appreciate that. $35/hr for labor is VERY cheap. Pigtails are what they use to connect into other wiring harnesses. There is a link below to pigtails. I'm getting hungry. This is starting to remind me of bacon.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...LREUP3WOoWbiQLkk4HoDQ&ved=0CEwQ9QEwCA&dur=327

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2012-09-04_08-25-51_120.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thank you, Ken. I appreciate that. $35/hr for labor is VERY cheap. Pigtails are what they use to connect into other wiring harnesses. There is a link below to pigtails. I'm getting hungry. This is starting to remind me of bacon.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...LREUP3WOoWbiQLkk4HoDQ&ved=0CEwQ9QEwCA&dur=327

Haha...you'r funny Doug...thanks. I learned something...not that pigtail talk makes you hungry; I learned about what a pigtail is...smilietease

Any pre-wried connector with bare wire on the other end is a "pigtail".

Thanks!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thank you, Ken. I appreciate that. $35/hr for labor is VERY cheap.

I thought so too! This guy advertised on Craigslist and the guy is local to me, which means he's in rural Maine, which means he has to be cheap to be able to survive, which means I got a good deal....only problem with backyard mechanics is you have to make sure they really know what they're doing and not trying to figure it out on the fly!

He said he's been installing electrical auto stuff for the last 10 years at a large company in Florida and moved back to Maine with this knowledge, so I took a chance and the darn thing has been working like a charm....door locks, auto start and all! Pretty happy with it!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

So, knowing this rigs been pretty much sitting for the last two years, I knew there'd be bugs and gremlins to work out....and am working them out...as long as I get them wrapped up by winter, I'll be happy.

Anyways, I noticed the rig's rpm's would fluctuate at times and even a couple times die out on my when in a parking lot or idling situation. The check engine light would also come on at this time, but would go away when the problem went away.

Anyways, I decided to put this stuff in there and low and behold, the problem isn't completely gone, but the truck has been running 10X's better and had only gone through about a quarter tank with this stuff, allowing it to idle for a while and do a few in town trips with it the last few days.

AND the check engine light hasn't come on the last few days....hasn't died on me....

Is it coincidence or I'm thinking the injectors needed a little cleaning? I don't know...just glad it's running better. I'll feel better when my mechanic checks out my vibration problem tomorrow. smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ordered my new rear drive shaft from Bronco Graveyard this morning......at least it's going to be done right!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
m78 said:
Ken , on the Bronco II, you don't replace universals. You replace the whole drive shaft. I found that out a couple years ago.

From dozens of posts from fsb, looks like it's common to rebuild the shafts with new ujoints from wheelin. Ujoints are readily available to buy also, just never the shaft alone.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2012-09-28_17-42-43_825.jpg

Sounds pretty awesome. Wasn't really looking at buying but did want to eventually get some subs, but kept my eye out for a good deal.

One came up in my town, kid wanted $120. I checked online and speakers retail for $120/each. Custom made box, 600 watt amp came with it.

Talked him down to $85.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
fatherdoug said:
Would you go with me when we buy our next vehicle?

I've had a ton of requests! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I bought these on ebay and need to find an hour or two to install them....instructions seem pretty easy, except for the drilling part. I wasn't aware that I had to DRILL HOLES into the body.....I thought they'd somehow bolt to the frame or something...oh well, no biggy. I think I can handle a few holes.....any suggestions or tricks you fellas might know would be helpful.

But even without a lift, it's still a little bit of a hop to get in and I know if I don't have a step, I'll bust my ***** this winter!!!!

2012-10-23_08-34-47_531.jpg

2012-10-23_08-35-01_280.jpg

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Should be a pretty straight forward installation Ken....Carr Makes an excellant product...my tubular bumpers and tubular runners with steps are made by them as well...and me being a bigger guy they have done quite well.my runners do bolt to the frame of the vehicle.Now im not quite sure where the hoops would mount..Im assuming the floor of the vehicle? if so you may want to reinforce the mounting area with some flat stock steel for more added strength imo.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Should be a pretty straight forward installation Ken....Carr Makes an excellant product...my tubular bumpers and tubular runners with steps are made by them as well...and me being a bigger guy they have done quite well.my runners do bolt to the frame of the vehicle.Now im not quite sure where the hoops would mount..Im assuming the floor of the vehicle? if so you may want to reinforce the mounting area with some flat stock steel for more added strength imo.

Yup, you are correct, it bolts to the floor, and the installation kit comes with flat steel bars that get bolted for reinforcement....thanks! Going to try this weekend!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
FINALLY:

2012-12-04_07-18-38_843.jpg

2012-12-04_07-18-48_234.jpg

Needed to do this so I don't bust my ars trying to hop in and out while there's ice and snow on the ground!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks very good, Ken! Did you have to drill holes in the floor?

Thanks,

There were already holes there from previous steps (which I didn't know about), but they didn't match up exactly with the ones I purchased, so I had to drill just one additional hole on each side and I used one of the existing holes. They matched up pretty much where I wanted them anyways.

Today I pulled my brake booster fun fun fun.Friday it was new master cylinder calipers pads and front shocks.Last weekend it was new radius arm bushings and rubbers on the tie rods.Its gotten new P/S punp return hose belts and pulled the ratty carpet.Spent over a week tracking down oem wheels.Now its time to locate frt shock mounts that its missing so in case your wondering I have not found a cure for the pink leg caused by stupid folk doing dumb stuff.

Ford Truck Articles