View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Flatheads Forever

mtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice truck!

The F2 and F3 have the same bed. It measures 54"W x 96"L and takes a 54" x 21" tailgate that is very hard to find, only OEM exists as far as I know.

F1 box is smaller and measures 49"W x 66"L and takes a 49" x 19" tailgate. These are available from several vendors as new replacements.

Yes, the frame has a stamped number in the top frame rail in the area around the right motor mount brace. For a 50 F2 the prefix will be 98RD or 97HD followed by six digits. The stampings are shallow so rub around there with steel wool and shine a light source at an angle to make them pop.

If your title says 97HC, then it IS for a half-ton.

If you post your vin or send it to me by private msg I can decipher what you have. It's pretty safe to post here - I have never heard of anyone having trouble from making their vin public. If you look, my 5 truck vins are posted out there in cyberspace.

Also look at your firewall/cowl area for a build code that is stamped right into the sheetmetal. I'll be glad to help sort thru it with you. - Tim

Last edited by mtflat; 12-08-2016 at 11:02 PM.