Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post up your Big Bronco Pics!

Sir 429...

Do you still have the hard top or did you sell it? Mine actually has a decent hard top but the one in your pick looks much better.

Thanks.
rpoe

I still have the hardtop. I have no plans on selling it if that is your question.

dsc02730.jpg

BigRed1

Here comes trouble...
No, not asking to buy it. I was actually thinking of how many 78-79's I see that don't have a top on them. Maybe they know something I don't but I just figured you could get any price you asked if they ARE rare and IF you changed your mind to sell it...

Still an awesome Bronco - I hope I can get mine to that level one day.

Later,

rpoe

Is that a 379 Pete I spy there 429 :D

Yep, that's mine. It's a 2003 379 with a 70" bunk. 475 Cat motor, 18 with 3.55's. It has 280,000 miles on it so it don't get used much.

Here it is at work:

15-tee.jpg

And at play, this was before the Bronco was finished headed to the Indy jambo a couple years ago:

dsc01731.jpg

No, not asking to buy it. I was actually thinking of how many 78-79's I see that don't have a top on them. Maybe they know something I don't but I just figured you could get any price you asked if they ARE rare and IF you changed your mind to sell it...

Still an awesome Bronco - I hope I can get mine to that level one day.

Later,

rpoe

I'll never sell it. I added a roof rack to it that was made by Hickey and sold thru Ford back in 79. I have sanded it smooth and repainted it gloss black. Thanks for the compliment.

this is not mine. but i wish it was... it is my fathers 78 bronco 302 auto 4x4, was parked in the early 1990's after he bought a f350 to pull a trailer and haul us 5 kids. he still owns it but hasnt touched it since he parked it in my grandparents pole barn. it still sits there along with his MINT 86 stang. he refuses to sell it or give it to me. more pics of it in my gallery

Picture_3.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Geez man...you need to find a way to get that thing outta the barn...that is SWEEEEEEEEET...always been a fan of the free wheelin package. When did he swap that 302 in? Does he still have the original 351M/400?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
maybe it is a 351 im not 100% sure, i alwys thought he said it was a 302, but i may be mistaken. he is off getting drunk watchin nascar ill ask when he gets home

HAHAHA...ok, when his schedule clears, ask him. Still looks to be in decent shape...some routine maintainance and she looks like she'd be ready to go. But yeah, that Bronco would have either had a 351M or 400 in stock form.

It's no 302, stock was 351M, optional was a 400. Nice Bronco to.

Michigan
That package bronco is sweet! I remember seeing one a while back but wasnt a fan. Now id love to have a mint one.

Geez man...you need to find a way to get that thing outta the barn...that is SWEEEEEEEEET...always been a fan of the free wheelin package. When did he swap that 302 in? Does he still have the original 351M/400?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright guys...gonna bring this thread back with some of the gold things I still need to get rid of:

You can see I swapped the turn signal stick, but the gear selector is still gold:
DSC02456.jpg

The key cylinder and the tailgate lettering:
DSC02431.jpg

The frickin knobs on the HVAC controls, and the trim around the dash bezel:
DSC02452.jpg

Headlight knob, already swapped the wiper knob:
DSC02453.jpg

Is this a trim piece I can get without needing a new cylinder?
DSC02455.jpg

My antenna:
DSC02451.jpg

Other things that need to be swapped that weren't pictured:
-PS oustide lock cylinder
-PS outside door handle

Things already swapped, that weren't pictured:
-Hood letters
-Window cranks
-Upper trim...pulled it from a junker
-inside door handles
-door cups
-mirrors
-DS door handle and lock cylinder
-headliner trim

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah that trim ring on the ignition comes off and the cylinder aint supposed to be like that it should point straight up and down when ya pull the key out.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah that trim ring on the ignition comes off and the cylinder aint supposed to be like that it should point straight up and down when ya pull the key out.

Do you know where I can get that trim ring...or is that something I'd have to get at a junkyard. And thank you Captain Critic (hahahaha)...I know the ignition isn't clocked right...but it was that way when I got it, and it hasn't been a problem to this point...so I haven't messed with it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Their all Gold colored EeEeeww... I'd swap that out ASAP.

Yeah, I know...it's getting swapped soon, but it all takes money and finding parts. But it did match the interior for the most part...have you ever seen the interior of my Bronco Tex?

havi

third member
The old plow, and then the "new" plow (swapped in 300 6)

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles