Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

OFFICIAL: FTF Members Map

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Thus far we are highly regionally biased toward the east half of the country. Weird.

Ryan

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Josh
Bismarck, ND

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
your face is good to go...

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Ok, great idea, (if you plan a trip out and want to meet someone, or want to have some help contacts along the way, you can pm members for contact info pretrip and set everything up beforehand, {cel phone numbers as alot of us don't log on daily ect} in case of problems on the road) got a suggestion for you though. How about a mod or admin, or a supermod go to google maps and start a map and a mod or admin post the password in post #1 of this thread. Then we (the members) can go update without any interaction from admin needed, plus save a ton of bandwith in by not posting a bunch of crap into a 100 page long thread that has to be manually searched to find members "general" locations in the meanwhile. (Hint an RV site I belong to is doing it this way and it works out pretty well).

Example, say I am heading to Canada, I can look at all the push pins on my route there and I can PM request further contact info from members on my trip route. This can all be done without adding bandwith use in this particular thread. :)

Hoosier Daddy.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thus far we are highly regionally biased toward the east half of the country. Weird.

Ryan

Would you say this website favors the right...side of the country that is.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ok, great idea, (if you plan a trip out and want to meet someone, or want to have some help contacts along the way, you can pm members for contact info pretrip and set everything up beforehand, {cel phone numbers as alot of us don't log on daily ect} in case of problems on the road) got a suggestion for you though. How about a mod or admin, or a supermod go to google maps and start a map and a mod or admin post the password in post #1 of this thread. Then we (the members) can go update without any interaction from admin needed, plus save a ton of bandwith in by not posting a bunch of crap into a 100 page long thread that has to be manually searched to find members "general" locations in the meanwhile. (Hint an RV site I belong to is doing it this way and it works out pretty well).

Example, say I am heading to Canada, I can look at all the push pins on my route there and I can PM request further contact info from members on my trip route. This can all be done without adding bandwith use in this particular thread. :)

Hoosier Daddy.

I like and I don't like. :D my personal goal of the map is to have the place of living so that one can see where others are for travel. If I let people get on there and change locations when traveling, it can potentially make a mess of things. Same with the self register idea. Having 1 map overlord is the way to go in my opinion. As for the bandwidth, I need numbers before I can comment.

00BlueOvalRanger

Old Fart Sharpshooter
I was skeptical about this idea at first. Now that I see the map, I have totally changed my mind. This is very cool.

Ryan

The ONLY reservation I have, is IF someone sees name/address, because I do own firearms, looking in the phonebook CAN point someone to a residence (mine), and make for easy 'pickings'. (If they get past security measures.)

For example, there's not too many people with the name of Keith (and none with my last name other than me!), in my town.

In other words. . . . "Hey! Did you just see those black helicopters, overhead?"

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I just put our state capitol as my city, even though thats not where I live. It gives people the state, though.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The ONLY reservation I have, is IF someone sees name/address, because I do own firearms, looking in the phonebook CAN point someone to a residence (mine), and make for easy 'pickings'. (If they get past security measures).
But...you're not adding your last name or address, just your first name, last initial, city/state you live in.

Rule of thumb if you own firearms: Make sure to have an unlisted phone number.

What concerns me is: Y'all have NRA stickers and/or gunracks visible on your vehicles. At one time that was OK, nowadays it's a different story.

Basically, you're advertising you have firearms, so...someone could follow you home. Now...just imagine what could occur next.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Someone dies trying to take my guns.
The thing is...you cannot be home all the time and alarms/locks can be bypassed.

Most of the batteries used w/alarms are only good for a coupla hours if the power goes off.

I'd be willing to bet that very few of y'all (if any) have a padlock on your electrical box, and/or a lockable knob on the door to the room where the safe is located.

And, if you assume that by having a gunsafe, you have no worries, consider how they are constructed.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles