Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

thank's it is it has the original floor mat seats in good shape no split'in the dash, clean unerneath and inside fenders, has a 351 modified, c6 trnsmission dana 60 rear dana 40 front, i beleive a np203 transfer case,in all reality this truck isn't broke in yet no bondo in this truck, they sprayed it the wrong color of white i suppose to cover up any logo's from the fire department. it was supposed to be wimbelton white which the firewall and under the hood is. this truck drives like it came out of the showroom. it was used to fight grass fires had a water tank on the back. i still have the build sheet. i am very happy with it, i really wanted one when i graduated high school but they were 176.00 a month no way back then! i told the wife that this was a bunch of crap when i found it no way 1978 13,500 mi. but the guy had proof and it looks the part so i had to bring her home!:)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That is a fantastic find!...congrats!
I'm guessing it is full time then with a 203?..or has it been converted?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I would leave it as factory.

i suppose that could help it value wise i was just curious about the milage? don't know how much i will drive it but right now i can't leave it set it seems

i suppose that could help it value wise i was just curious about the milage? don't know how much i will drive it but right now i can't leave it set it seems

Heh heh i was the same when i brought mine - i'd wanted one for nearly 20 years and when i finally got this one i was going to fully restore it but after driving it home i was hooked - two years later and i still love driving it every day even though i'd love to paint it up nice and pretty i think i'd be too worried about shopping trolley dings and suchlike to drive it as often ...... i even put some of my business signwriting on it to justify driving it as often as i do - i just wish gas was cheaper

kiwi f150 i did go ahead and paint the underneath with por 15 as far as the outside paint i'm in good shape i jusy wish they would have used the stock color, and i do need a headliner the had a radio i guess mounted up there and skinned it but i think they are pretty cheap

Wow

That sure is a poor excuse for not fixing up your truck, worried about shopping cart dings:headbang:

Heh heh i was the same when i brought mine - i'd wanted one for nearly 20 years and when i finally got this one i was going to fully restore it but after driving it home i was hooked - two years later and i still love driving it every day even though i'd love to paint it up nice and pretty i think i'd be too worried about shopping trolley dings and suchlike to drive it as often ...... i even put some of my business signwriting on it to justify driving it as often as i do - i just wish gas was cheaper

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That sure is a poor excuse for not fixing up your truck, worried about shopping cart dings:headbang:

I think there's a difference between fixing up a truck and making it pretty with paint. Dunno about you, but when I restored my 77, I dropped 7k in paint...an investment I'd like to protect. 9 years later, there are only two chips in the paint from road debris, and I intentionally don't take it areas where a door can swing in to it or a shopping cart can be pushed in to it. If you have a rig that you plan on using more frequently than the occassional cruise or show, no real point in dropping much, if any coin into paint if there's still complete coverage.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
bought this truck from ohio resident came from a fire department that bought it new in 1978 garage kept for thirty- four years 13,500 miles actual milage when i bought it has 14,900 on it now

Sweet rig! Good to see another 460 on FTF smilieFordlogo

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I've moved the off-topic paint discussion to its own thread in the Paint and Bodywork sub-forum.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2012-12-20_07-59-05_336.jpg

What she looked like when I closed the garage this morning after letting her warm up.....all plugged in to my new battery tender (thanks Duncan)!

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Morons with shopping carts and car doors, gotta hate 'em especially when they're driving boat anchor BMW's and Mercedes Benzs and other assorted Euro trash cars. What I do when I park in those lots I park way out in outer Mongolia or BF Egypt and park like I m parking an Extended Hood Peterbilt 379 truck, and taking multiple spaces with my Dent, my favorite is parking is
four spaces with a wheel in each space, I have told that I park like an $$$$$$$, well when you have a sweet looking 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat, like I have, or any good looking Dent you have that tendency to be that when parking, and I have had people tell me that they couldn't blame me for parking like that, I even park like that at church even when I drive my Dent on Sundays.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Morons with shopping carts and car doors, gotta hate 'em especially when they're driving boat anchor BMW's and Mercedes Benzs and other assorted Euro trash cars. What I do when I park in those lots I park way out in outer Mongolia or BF Egypt and park like I m parking an Extended Hood Peterbilt 379 truck, and taking multiple spaces with my Dent, my favorite is parking is
four spaces with a wheel in each space, I have told that I park like an $$$$$$$, well when you have a sweet looking 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat, like I have, or any good looking Dent you have tsmilieFordlogo hat tendency to be that when parking, and I have had people tell me that they couldn't blame me for parking like that, I even park like that at church even when I drive my Dent on Sundays.

Ford Truck Articles