Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
as Albert Einstein once said "the only dumb question is the one left unasked."

That is a beaut looking truck you have there ..... the more i see these older trucks the more i'm liking them.

That is a beaut looking truck you have there ..... the more i see these older trucks the more i'm liking them.

Thanks i appreciate it.... i nit pick it but i try to remind myself its a 66 and could be in wayyyy worse shape lol

Anyways i think i may have found a trans.... its a c6 small convert housing that was in a 68 mustang project
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/pts/5008474020.html

It has the tag numbers

PGD* AC9* D11

DPUP* BB* 077571

So after researching it appears it came out of a e series vehicle from 79 mated to a 351

Now im hoping if im able to get it that there isnt too much to make it match up to the motor?.?.?

Fellro

Staff member
300 and 351W share bell housings, so the bolt up should be fine. Try to get the cover plate with it if you can.

So after decoding my vin the truck didnt come with a 300 it came with a 240.... anyway to check the block to confirm its a 240? Does this limit my choices of transmissions?

Ford Truck Articles