Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

T M I 434

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ok, got off the phonw with TMI today....heads are being cc'd to work out the dish required in the pistons, final CR to be between 11 and 11.5:1 static.
Trying to have the parts shipped up here by the end of Sept.

Last edited by a moderator:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet Duncan...so you gonna do all the wrok yourself? For some reason I thought you sent your block to them. Dumb question, but with that compression, you gonna have to run premium octane? Or will the heads negate that?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sweet Duncan...so you gonna do all the wrok yourself? For some reason I thought you sent your block to them. Dumb question, but with that compression, you gonna have to run premium octane? Or will the heads negate that?

I will be doing the work myself with a helping hand from a friend. The combination of AL, closed chamber, squish, altitude and cam should let me be able to run it on 91....which is our premium. If I go to the coast they sell 93-94 there and I really don't intend on the truck leaving our altitude, if anything 3500' is the minimum it will see. Originally we were gonna shoot for 12-12.5:1 but to be on the safe side will drop it. Cam will be in the .600 lift with 225ish and 235ish duration...I don't know the final specs yet.

With aluminuim quench you could go up to a whole point and a half compared to open iron heads... You could use 9:1/9.5:1 dyanmic cr on 91 octane... which makes a heck of a powerfull/efficient power plant, are you planning on a efi setup or a good ol carb?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
With aluminuim quench you could go up to a whole point and a half compared to open iron heads... You could use 9:1/9.5:1 dyanmic cr on 91 octane... which makes a heck of a powerfull/efficient power plant, are you planning on a efi setup or a good ol carb?

I'm leaning towards a Demon carb at the moment. I've done some looking on fuel injection but haven't really seen anything that I like. I am familiar with both the TTS Mastertune and Thundermax products for bikes. Chances are it will wind up being a 750 Speed Demon.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is that the one that had the Lightining set-up?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm thinking I'll wind up with the carb set-up...I also want to get the cruise control to work, everything is there except the vacuum actuator and the linkage....I'm sure I can find something at the wreckers to make it work.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Oh. Sorry. I saw some thing shiny and had to fight the cat over it..

I sent you a pm :) didn't want to post a personal question.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Oh. Sorry. I saw some thing shiny and had to fight the cat over it..

I sent you a pm :) didn't want to post a personal question.

Who got the shiny thing?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ok....Tex asked about $ numbers for the 434 so here is a rough breakdown:

434 Rotating assembly....includes balancing, harmonic balancer,cam bearings,frost plugs,flex plate, all gaskets,pistons, rings, rods,bearings etc. including labor for balancing
~$3000

Lifters, cam,CHI 3V heads,oil pump,guide plates, rockers and studs
~$3000

Intake and main caps.
~$825

This does not count any piston machining but I don't think it will be much, these are also last years prices so I don't know if there has been an increase.
The whole cost is roughly 7k.

Ford Truck Articles