View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 08:13 AM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
And now for a question...

The cap has lost it's third brake light somewhere along the way. I know a lot of people run caps without them, but I really prefer to have one for safety.

The last cap I wired, the truck had separate amber blinkers...so it needed a converter box for the trailer lights but there was a "brake light" wire I could tap into for the cap...this truck just has red stop/turn lamps on the rear...which means if I tap into the "brake light" it'll blink with one of the directionals. Which I won't tolerate.

So...there's got to be a solution to this....but I'm not familiar with what it is?

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling