Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Global Reveal of the 2016 Ford Ranger

They have a pretty good rep here ..... just remember if you ever change the oil on one make sure it's drained and refilled AND running in less than 10 minutes as the vane style oil pump will lose it's prime AND you will bugger the engine.
Not sure why you guys don't get them in USA or even Canada as they are made lhd for the Euro market ... not really much smaller then an F150 either.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
They're not here because like Ernie says, Nissan and Toyota have the small pickup market cornered here. Ford has been focusing on the full size pickup market.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Not sure why you guys don't get them in USA or even Canada as they are made lhd for the Euro market ... not really much smaller then an F150 either.

Because Ford wants people in North America to buy a F-150. Competition is tough, Ford just assumed that people wanting a new Ranger would merely gravitate to an F-150, jury is out as far as that bet being correct. Ford is throwing all their money at the F-150 in their quest to maintain their sales lead and keep their bragging rights. The toyota is real long in the tooth and the datsun is just that, a datsun. That leaves the only viable option, the Colorado.

*Yes, I went to the Camp Chevrolet here in Spokane, WA and had a look. It's OK Duncan, lol, looks like Ford doesn't want my business. IMO, wait and see what the diesel for the Colorado has to offer. Side note: Ford discontinuing the Ranger here has pushed up the resale value of them but especially for good, clean, well maintained used ones.

Because Ford wants people in North America to buy a F-150. Competition is tough, Ford just assumed that people wanting a new Ranger would merely gravitate to an F-150, jury is out as far as that bet being correct. Ford is throwing all their money at the F-150 in their quest to maintain their sales lead and keep their bragging rights. The toyota is real long in the tooth and the datsun is just that, a datsun. That leaves the only viable option, the Colorado.

*Yes, I went to the Camp Chevrolet here in Spokane, WA and had a look. It's OK Duncan, lol, looks like Ford doesn't want my business. IMO, wait and see what the diesel for the Colorado has to offer. Side note: Ford discontinuing the Ranger here has pushed up the resale value of them but especially for good, clean, well maintained used ones.

Bill you want to print this out showing this truck

http://www.ford.co.nz/commercials/a...Vwuz3t5zOZKJ3-32reSYWqVs6EMv8oyrOwaAp2D8P8HAQ

New_Ranger.jpg

And then drive this into your local Ford dealer and ask him why he can't compete in this sector

http://www.holden.co.nz/cars/colorado

Holden_Colorado.jpg

Fwiw i think Ford have really stepped on their crank over the decision to axe the Ranger from your market especially given the leaps and bounds that have occurred in diesel engine technology over the last few short years - to be honest i'd also level some of the blame at your politicians over the hurdles they put in the way of any company trying to import vehicles.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

Friend at work has a Ranger that's getting long in the tooth...he's all over the map on what he might replace it with, and how soon he might do so, but he went and took a look at a Colorado (or maybe a Canyon?) a month or so ago.

Said he liked it well enough, but lost all serious interest when he saw the $38,000 sticker :shocked: on the one they pulled out for him to look at.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Friend at work has a Ranger that's getting long in the tooth...he's all over the map on what he might replace it with, and how soon he might do so, but he went and took a look at a Colorado (or maybe a Canyon?) a month or so ago.

Said he liked it well enough, but lost all serious interest when he saw the $38,000 sticker :shocked: on the one they pulled out for him to look at.

There is a price issue (and they are short on supply right now, so I'd expect no deals or favors at all) and the real world mileage isn't near what the sticker claims. Bear in mind .gov downgraded how that mileage is determined a few years back so as to theoretically meet "real world driving". Like, it should have been like that before and for many people, it did, not to mention how they've screwed with it over the years gone by and the previous method was supposed to accomplish what the "new method" does, LOL. Upshot is, IMO that claimed mileage is already a beaten down figure and if a driver that's trying can't match it after the vehicle has 5,000 miles on it, then that's bullchit. And reason to see what the diesel has to offer.

$38K Colorado should have everything on it. If inflation is figured in, that price is in the ballpark of what my Ranger sticker was. Which is why the level II's aren't overly abundant.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
...Fwiw i think Ford have really stepped on their crank over the decision to axe the Ranger from your market especially given the leaps and bounds that have occurred in diesel engine technology over the last few short years - to be honest i'd also level some of the blame at your politicians over the hurdles they put in the way of any company trying to import vehicles.

It's like pulling teeth to get a small diesel into the market here. Thanks to the "Greenies" and their "dirty diesel" theories...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
$38K Colorado should have everything on it. If inflation is figured in, that price is in the ballpark of what my Ranger sticker was. Which is why the level II's aren't overly abundant.

It was a Canyon SLE with the off-road package.

His take was that it was almost, but not quite, equivalent to his truck when it was new.

Still a hell of a lot more $$ than my '09 Ranger, which stickered for $24.5k with most of the option boxes checked, just six years ago.

(His is an '02 FX4...which is basically what became the Level II a year or two later, plus the ultra-desirable manual-shift t-case and Hurst-look gearshift.)

I migrated to a new Jeep Wrangler. Not interested in crew cab 150 as that is all that was available around here.

Ford Truck Articles