Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

PIP circuit failure

1995 f150 5.8 257k

KOEO: 111 CM: 211
KOER: 111

Definitely feeling this issue now. The truck stalls when coming to a stop and sometimes has a hard crank no spark.

New spark plugs, wiring, distributor, cap, rotor and ignition coil.

Should I just replace ICM? I don't think those modules go intermittently bad but the wiring is a hot mess bundle and what I can see looks fine.

I don't have a breakout box to test this and the problem is too intermittent to test with other methods.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i notice something your missing in the parts you replaced.. i would check out the cam/crank sensors before going after the ICM and PCM's.. it could still be the ICM but id check out those sensors first..

So I thought on my truck the pip sensor is the crankshaft position sensor and it's inside the distributor which I have replaced. Is there more crankshaft sensors?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
No can do sparky. She don't have these.......

Try changing the temp sending unit to the computer first.
That's the one with all the wires to it in the heater hose area. cost around $13

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Oh, and 111 means system pass on these. I had forgotten this when I posted before.
with all my medical issues, I'm a little forgetful. sorry

I'll look into that part, thank!

Another thing I've just realized is that when this happens, I can get the truck started if I try To start it while it's still cranking hmmm....

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
That part keeps the computer in closed loop when it's bad.

Think of it as having a carb, and the choke is closed.
great when the motor is cold. Not so much when it is hot.
Motor floods out.

Next time it does that, hold the skinny pedal to the floor while cranking, and it should clear itself and start.

BTW, when it's bad, it DOES NOT throw a code

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
337 is circuit voltage failure at egr sensor
Either your new sensor has failed
Or
your wiring harness is broken
or
you have corroded pins at the ecm
or
your windshield is leaking, and running water over the computer.
All is possible with a 20+ year old truck
This is not related to the code 111, as stated before, 111 is system pass

Sorry not 111, I like those numbers :) I meant related to the temp sensor you were mentioning. WATER! because it just rained and I can see water sneaking in there.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
There are drains on the sides of the cowl that need to be cleaned. There is also a seam along the top of the cab under the cowl sheld behind the hood that leaks. I have no way to post pictures here. let me talk to smokey, I wrote some articles somewhere else, he can copy/ paste something for you here

Ford Truck Articles