Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

96 Bronco Air Box

Hello everbody. I have a 96 Bronco 5.8 that has a KN air cleaner. I wish to convert it back. There are not too many newer broncos in local yards. can anybody tell me what other models have the same system as mine. I think F250 but not sure Thanks

Fellro

Staff member
F150-350 92-96 are the same body, and the parts books call out he same filter.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
The 1996 Bronco will be Mass Air Flow (MAF) and will have a different air box than a Speed Density truck.

You'll be looking for any 94-96 Mass Air Flow equipped F150, F250, F350, or Bronco.

Do you just need to replace the filter, or do you need the whole air box?

Ryan

The 1996 Bronco will be Mass Air Flow (MAF) and will have a different air box than a Speed Density truck.

You'll be looking for any 94-96 Mass Air Flow equipped F150, F250, F350, or Bronco.

Do you just need to replace the filter, or do you need the whole air box?

Ryan

Whole thing I think the base is there because it has air flow sensor. I brought the tuck it had the KN filter, but I think the origanal set up is great so want to return the truck to that, the KN draws hot air from underhood, the origanal forces air from frount of truck

The MAF-equipped trucks have a different top cover to the air box with a single plenum and mounting flange for the MAF sensor. The intake tubing is basically a big rubber "Y" tube that runs between the airbox with the MAF sensor mounted on it (single bore) and the throttle body (twin bores). You can most likely still get/order the intake components if a sufficient donor truck is unavailable. Albeit, the cost may be significantly higher.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles