Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Morons with shopping carts and car doors, gotta hate 'em especially when they're driving boat anchor BMW's and Mercedes Benzs and other assorted Euro trash cars. What I do when I park in those lots I park way out in outer Mongolia or BF Egypt and park like I m parking an Extended Hood Peterbilt 379 truck, and taking multiple spaces with my Dent, my favorite is parking is
four spaces with a wheel in each space, I have told that I park like an $$$$$$$, well when you have a sweet looking 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat, like I have, or any good looking Dent you have that tendency to be that when parking, and I have had people tell me that they couldn't blame me for parking like that, I even park like that at church even when I drive my Dent on Sundays.

Morons with shopping carts and car doors, gotta hate 'em especially when they're driving boat anchor BMW's and Mercedes Benzs and other assorted Euro trash cars. What I do when I park in those lots I park way out in outer Mongolia or BF Egypt and park like I m parking an Extended Hood Peterbilt 379 truck, and taking multiple spaces with my Dent, my favorite is parking is
four spaces with a wheel in each space, I have told that I park like an $$$$$$$, well when you have a sweet looking 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat, like I have, or any good looking Dent you have tsmilieFordlogo hat tendency to be that when parking, and I have had people tell me that they couldn't blame me for parking like that, I even park like that at church even when I drive my Dent on Sundays.

Let's see some pictures of this sweet looking 78!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I can understand parking at the back of the lot, but taking up 4 spots just paints you as a douche and just invites people to mess with / damage your truck.

People have no patience for stuff like that, only takes one of them having a bad day to take it out on your truck.

My opinion is to not make yourself stand out and make yourself a target.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Had my Dent out for the last couple days

20131026_112204_zps16399813.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I can understand parking at the back of the lot, but taking up 4 spots just paints you as a douche and just invites people to mess with / damage your truck.

People have no patience for stuff like that, only takes one of them having a bad day to take it out on your truck.

My opinion is to not make yourself stand out and make yourself a target.

I agree fully.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Didn't know you had that, Eric. Looks nice.

Its in the family, Lisa's actually... she doesn't like driving it anymore though. I love the thing though, great rig for Christmas shopping as people avoid it like the plague...

I just noticed the F150, Escape, Explorer, and Focus in the pic too...

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Go to my gallery, I have a few pictures of my Dent, which is a 1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat it is rather a sweet looking truck, I bought it for car shows, cruisin' , parades etc.

Nice ,,,but,,,24 year old pictures ? Thats nearly as old as the truck.
What's it look like now ?

They are pics from over 30 years ago...These were amde about 1983...sold her in 1985.
I've got some engine shots somewhere...I'll try to find 'em and post 'em.

The pics were actually made with a X15 Kodak Instamatic!

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Check out my avatar. And you'll see a picture of my Dent, it's the red 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat, that picture was taken on West Avenue, at the Baker flagpole bus stop, near the Gothic dorm buildings at Cornell University., herre in Ithaca NY. In my gallery I have some more that we're taken last Fall at the beautiful Cornell Plantations at Cornell University.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Nice looking Dent, Dirky! Check out my avatar and also my gallery, and you'll see my Dent, it's a red 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat Trailer Special two wheel drive.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Dirky, that almost looks like the tailgate on my 78 Rangee Lariat, although yours is a 76 Ranger XLT. Although the Lariat came out in 78, another difference is that you have the tie downs on your tailgate, and I don't, although I know they were an option from Ford, and in the middle of the lower part of the tailgate I have an emblem that says Trailer Special, and I see that your truck is a
Camper Special. What's the difference between the Trailer Special and the Camper Special? I always thought that the F-250 Camper Special was an f-250 with really beefy, heavy duty springs, and heavy duty cooling system if I'm not mistaken. It's still a sweet looking truck nonetheless.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
1bad79xlt, Sweet looking truck, and welcome to FTF, you'll learn a lot about the 6th Generation trucks, and another good site for 6th generation trucks is fordification.net, which is strictly 6th Generation Fords, you might want to keep your truck out of the salt to preserve her.

smilieFordlogo

I love that brown paint scheme. I hope you stay with a factory look when you paint it!

Derek.

I will definitely stick with two tone, the racetrack trim and the factory look. I like that blue and silver you have. I would like to use that color combo or reverse to silver on the side over blue.

1bad79xlt, Sweet looking truck, and welcome to FTF

Thanks, yours looks pretty nice too.

Last edited:
Most recent

Was looking at brake lines and everything and flexed it some. Had the drivers side rear tire about off the ground but had more in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg

Ford Truck Articles