Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

kind of a sad day for me....

My dent has 300 miles on it since we pulled the engine and did the whole rebore and new stuff. We opted to reuse everything on the bottom end because according to the receipts since the complete rebuild in 2010 the truck only has about 2000K on those parts. For about the first 280 miles since I picked up the truck the up to speed pressure on the gauge was just slightly past middle.
I thought that was great. I drove the truck to work a week ago Friday and on the way that is where the pressure read. I drove home from work and noticed that the needle dropped to half of what it was. No warning. Just that fast.
I decided to buy a mechanical OP gauge to rule out a bad sending unit or instument. Results are: warm idle around 4 or 5 lbs. At speed 25 to 28 lbs.
Those numbers are not good. I took the truck back to Scotty who told me that he would look into it and call me. Just when I though we had it nailed, now this....:(
Feeling kinda low right now.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That sucks Donald, at least you caught it quickly....hopefully no damage

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That sucks Donald, at least you caught it quickly....hopefully no damage

That was my first thoughts.....you could've done some un-fixable damage by not paying attention...that sucks....

Imagine what the damage could've been it you weren't watching and as said before or paying attention to the gauges.
I say good job catching it!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Dammit man
I hope it's something simple, and not needing machining

Guys, funny thing is, even on cold mornings the truck starts up on the first crank and there is NO noise from the bottom end as one might have if things were loose. For that matter I have been impressed lately how quiet the thing runs cold! Even after warm up it is just great. I have been thinking that I might put some good 40 weight in there as well as a new filter and see what it does.
Be nice to know what it could be if my mechanic ever gets around to looking at it.....:mad:

After the fresh rebuild, what are the chances of a metal shaving clogging the oil pressure gauge pick up tube? Maybe before you get too worried about things put a strong magnet in the bottom of your oil pan and run a few hundred miles and see what comes up. Very redneck I know, but that's me.

Ford Truck Articles