Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hey Turtle....if you copy the "BB" code from the pics in your gallery and paste it directly in your thread, the picture is displayed...I did that for you above :)

I find it helpful to have 2 tabs of the forum up and go back and forth from your gallery to your post.

Hey Turtle....if you copy the "BB" code from the pics in your gallery and paste it directly in your thread, the picture is displayed...I did that for you above :)

I find it helpful to have 2 tabs of the forum up and go back and forth from your gallery to your post.

Thanks, I will try that

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Well it was a beautifull day here finally.. got some spring cleanup done outside,put the chrome wheels back on the cheby along with a service,and 4 new tires on her's.Why am i telling you this.....Bonding time for the 79 is close at hand...

I started mine up after a five month nap. Running like crap. I decided to investigate further and this is what I did.
005.jpg

After I take care of my intake issues, I plan on a carb rebuild, new rotor, cap, and wires, and then that oil change.

I took advantage of a beautiful day here in southern michigan and installed new cap and rotor, plugs and plug wires. Took a 20 mile ride and all is good. I had time left to install my stereo so I got that done and took another ride. It's nice to finally have some music in the old girl...Life is good.smilieFordlogo

Attachments

• 100_1028.jpg
  • 100_1029.jpg
  • 100_1030.jpg
I took advantage of a beautiful day here in southern michigan and installed new cap and rotor, plugs and plug wires. Took a 20 mile ride and all is good. I had time left to install my stereo so I got that done and took another ride. It's nice to finally have some music in the old girl...Life is good.smilieFordlogo

Wish i had some tunes in my truck lol the only music i have is 2 door glasses that rattle and the passenger door rattles. Also at idle one of my mufflers bangs against the cab.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Fired up the Big Block beast today....Music to my ears....warmed her up pulled her out to cleanup the carport from along winters nap and put her back to sleep for now....smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Fired up the Big Block beast today....Music to my ears....warmed her up pulled her out to cleanup the carport from along winters nap and put her back to sleep for now....smilieFordlogo

2013-04-03_07_52_59.jpg

Did the same thing......super excited.....pulled it out and was thinking of taking my duster and clean some of the dust off, but couldn't find it! :headbang:

Nice pulling it out of the garage anyways......snow is just about GONE up here! :guns:

Will be driving her down the road in no time!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
the exhaust smoke looks like you just started to spin a tire on the drivers side LOLsmilietease

That's funny BECAUSE I thought about doing it for a minute or so...smiliepeelout

The thing has quite a bit of power and there's been many a times, even with these big shoes on it, that I'll be pulling out of a bank or something and the tires will squeal a little.....:wasntme:

It's tough not too cause sometimes, like when getting on a freeway or trying to pull out in front of traffic, you have to give her a little gas to get going and on something like my rig, with little weight in the back and all that HP, she kinda spins! :wasntme:

That's funny BECAUSE I thought about doing it for a minute or so...smiliepeelout

The thing has quite a bit of power and there's been many a times, even with these big shoes on it, that I'll be pulling out of a bank or something and the tires will squeal a little.....:wasntme:

It's tough not too cause sometimes, like when getting on a freeway or trying to pull out in front of traffic, you have to give her a little gas to get going and on something like my rig, with little weight in the back and all that HP, she kinda spins! :wasntme:

I'd be watching CL for a cheap set of cheap wheels and tires , just to put on and do burn outs like Chris. Then change them back.

I changed the carrier bearing out, bigdance It was a pain. I had to break the bearing apart then cut the race off of the drive shaft.

The new bearing went right on, took a hammer and a brass pipe and tapped it right in place.

With that done now i have found out i need wheel bearings. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles