Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

48 Ford F-6 Car hauler photos

Hello,

Some of you guys have been asking for more photos of my truck, and I was able to locate a few more on my computer from awhile back I didn't know I had. There are couple more exterior photos and 3 of the interior. Thanks again for the hospitality everyone.

Scott

Attachments

• coe3.jpg
  • coeinterior1.jpg
  • coeinterior2.jpg
  • coesleeper.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Holy smokes! Dude it's even more beautiful on the inside! I'd be afraid to drive that thing, its GORGEOUS!

Truck of the month! Truck of the month!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Again, Scott, Thats a gorgeous truck. I'll be expecting you to show it more with the cave state cruisers!

I hope nobody is offended because it is sitting on a Dodge chassis!!!!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I hope nobody is offended because it is sitting on a Dodge chassis!!!!!
WHAT!? That's it!! BAN HIM RYAN! WHAT A DISGRACE!!

:D Kidding Scott. I don't blame you, those Cummins motors are beasts... Though I'm not sure why you'd use a Dodge chassis...

Well, when I started the project, I didn't intend to put in on a Dodge chassis. I bought the Dodge for the Cummins and the Dana rear axle only. It wasn't until I started measuring things I found out the Dodge chassis was the correct width for the COE fenders.......so I used it because I already had it.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Well, when I started the project, I didn't intend to put in on a Dodge chassis. I bought the Dodge for the Cummins and the Dana rear axle only. It wasn't until I started measuring things I found out the Dodge chassis was the correct width for the COE fenders.......so I used it because I already had it.
Bottom line.......its still a beautiful truck!

The only problem that I wasn't sure I would be able to overcome was the steep angle between the steering column and the steering gear box on the Dodge chassis. Of course it would not have mattered if it had been a Dodge, Chevy, or Ford truck chassis, that obstacle would still have had to been overcome due to the COE setting so far forward over the front wheels. That is why so many guys sit their COE bodies on a step van or motorhome chassis because the steeering box is already at high angle that the COE steering column needs. I managed to get the job done and getting it to work with the help of Borgeson and one of their double joints. Very pricey, but it worked well and no hunting down another frame/chassis. I actually would do it the same if I was doing it all over again.

Hi Brian,

Yes that was taken in Branson last year. Did we talk at Branson last year? I see you are from Mountain Home Arkansas. I have been there many times. We go there usually 3 or 4 times a year when we are camping at Lake Norfork at either Bidwell Point or Robinson Point. We go into mountain home for groceries and like to go eat at Fred's Fish House and have a big burger and cold beer at the Back 40.

I don't reacall talking to you there. I just remember the truck. I was parked not to far down the hill from you in my multicolor driver.

DSCF0668.jpg

Will you be at the run this summer? I plan to be (club truck area) if I can get my dialysis days changed around.

The whole show is moving down the hill to "area 57". Info on the show:

http://showmef100s.org/ozarksrun.html

Info on area 57:

http://www.area57events.com/about.cfm

Let me know the next time you are in the area. I have been here since 81. Those are the decent places to eat around here. Not many good restaurants for some reason.

I'm not sure if I will go to Branson this year or not. I never know where I am going until the last minute depending on if I have to work or not. I usually always plan on the the big NSRA and Good Guys shows within 6 or 8 hours away, but I didn't decide to go to Branson last year until the night before the show. My wife, my little dog "Abby", and I decided to go and left Cape Girardeau about 6:00 pm the night before the show and drove 4 hours to get there. Let me tell you, these COE's with a sleeper can catch more bugs on a 4 hour summer night of driving 65-70 mph than you can imagine!!!

I can only imagine. That is pretty big.

With dialysis 3 days a week, I do not get far from home. One of my dialysis days is Saturday (which is when most shows are). I am trying now to get the day switched for the branson show, but..... who knows by then.

All the dialysis units around here are filled to capacity. No openings on a Saturday at the current time. :(

Before photos

I found some pictures of my truck from back before I started working on it.

Attachments

• MVC-139F.JPG
  • MVC-142F.JPG
  • MVC-143F.JPG
  • MVC-144F.JPG
  • MVC-145F.JPG

Ford Truck Articles