Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Club 4.9 (Official 240/300ci discussion thread)

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i dont mean to ruin your video but hes not really doing donuts...hes just kicking up sand

NOW HERES A GOOD REPRESENTATION OF THE 4.9L DOING DONUTS!!!

i dont mean to ruin your video but hes not really doing donuts...hes just kicking up sand

NOW HERES A GOOD REPRESENTATION OF THE 4.9L DOING DONUTS!!!

I just liked it 'cause the truck looked like mine, you just liked those because the truck was yours. :rolleyes: :p

havi

third member
speaking of 300's and snow, lol.

Last edited:

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Ford shouldn't bring back the 300. The 300 is an oversized 4-cyl. I love my little 300 but it's underpowered.

Ford should bring back a 250 C.I. version with light duty work in mind. Basically the same thing as the 300 but with fuel economy and light duty work in mind. Think; A consistant 25MPG I6.

Ford shouldn't bring back the 300. The 300 is an oversized 4-cyl. I love my little 300 but it's underpowered.

Ford should bring back a 250 C.I. version with light duty work in mind. Basically the same thing as the 300 but with fuel economy and light duty work in mind. Think; A consistant 25MPG I6.

Well thing about this. Ford had the 240 I6 in the 1960s and 1970s in the US and Australia. Ford Australia took the design and modernized it with DOHC, MPI, twin turbos, and direct injection, And it makes 415HP / 480 lb/ft torque. Compared to what Ford US did, stroke it to 300ci, put EFI on it, relegate it to basic trucks, and then discontinue it. Ford Australia still makes the 240ci (now 4L) Inline 6 as the top engine in the Falcon. I want one....

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Well thing about this. Ford had the 240 I6 in the 1960s and 1970s in the US and Australia. Ford Australia took the design and modernized it with DOHC, MPI, twin turbos, and direct injection, And it makes 415HP / 480 lb/ft torque. Compared to what Ford US did, stroke it to 300ci, put EFI on it, relegate it to basic trucks, and then discontinue it. Ford Australia still makes the 240ci (now 4L) Inline 6 as the top engine in the Falcon. I want one....

I want one too. chim chim pee pee

500 foot lbs sounds good to me!

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Yup, they still have Muscle cars over there. They still have rancheros for pete's sake... :p

Hey that reminds me. I saw a four wheel drive Ranchero the other day.

Unibody trucks don't do anything for me, sorry. I think the "Chubby" Avalanche is a real joke. All that money for a unibody pickup with a shorter, less useful bed and much more sun-eating plastic..?

What a friggin' joke. Give me something that twists in the middle, baby.:pimp:

Hey that reminds me. I saw a four wheel drive Ranchero the other day.

Unibody trucks don't do anything for me, sorry. I think the "Chubby" Avalanche is a real joke. All that money for a unibody pickup with a shorter, less useful bed and much more sun-eating plastic..?

What a friggin' joke. Give me something that twists in the middle, baby.:pimp:

Well, a Ranchero kind of has a different job description than an Fseries truck...

I would DD this:

digiads_car_ads_88106_1.jpg

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba

it didnt ran out of power.. just didnt have enough traction

best sounding one!!

I think...thiiiink...it's an Australian Pursuit Ute.

5.4L DOHC and six speed manual...I'd drive (the hell out of) it.

I would rather have the 4.0L Twin turbo DOHC straight 6. :D

This is the 240/300 thread after all. ;)

Have one in my 79 F100, great engine, looking in the PA area, hard to find, for another one, carburetored, for a 55 F100 project. I also have one in my 91 F150

Ford never should have stopped making the 4.9, have one in a 79F100 and 91F150. Think I will put one in my 55 F100, someone told me to use the FE engine cross member, it will work for the 4.9 in the 55, don't know but will check on it. Keep on trucken!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Ford never should have stopped making the 4.9, have one in a 79F100 and 91F150. Think I will put one in my 55 F100, someone told me to use the FE engine cross member, it will work for the 4.9 in the 55, don't know but will check on it. Keep on trucken!

We're lucky Ford kept it around as long as they did.It wasn't necessarily the biggest moneymaker in the service department.Not much went wrong with the 300.But Ford wanted to wipe their slate and entirely redo the F-Series,so away went the 300,302,351,and 460.The only one that lasted was the 7.3,and that hasn't even been around as long as the rest.Ford's biggest mistake was re-designing the F-Series so drastically in 97-98.Nowadays,the F-Series is best suited for Soccer moms and rich pretty boys that wanna be country.That's just my personal opinion,but i'm sure there's a few here that agree with me.

Ford Truck Articles