Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

June's chat thread

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Wow, we're half way through the year.

Carlisle is this weekend. Anyone going?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Did you get the huge t storms out there tonight Smokey?

My back yard flooded in a blink of an eye!!! I don't think I've EVER seen it rain that hard!!!

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Been busy around here with with and projects.
I've been busy cleaning up from Sandy lots of damaged trees all over my properties.
The heavy wet snow broke out tree tops, limbs, uprooted lots of trees.

Been using the Ford to haul stuff around the house, haven't had time to get it ready for inspection yet.

CAPofMD

Delaware Chapter member
Almost 100 here today...funny to be reading about your snow damage (Sandy)!! Well, the damage isn't funny, but the talk about SNOW is......

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Been busy around here with with and projects.
I've been busy cleaning up from Sandy lots of damaged trees all over my properties.
The heavy wet snow broke out tree tops, limbs, uprooted lots of trees.

Been using the Ford to haul stuff around the house, haven't had time to get it ready for inspection yet.
Good thing it's a full sized truck instead of the ranger!

Still having trouble with the site. usercp works ok, but I'm bored, and looking over the whole forum for new posts is too much like work!
Maybe it's time to retire this lap top. I've fixed it 4 times now ( thanks to Smokey) so I guess I've got my money's worth.
I wonder how hard it is to get a new widescreen with windows 7....LMAO

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Thanks Bud. I'll keep that for later.
Having bought the new canon slr camera, and the new tablet, I'm running on fumes out of the piggy bank. Maybe for Christmas this year, I'll have Smokey build me a new laptop. I'm sure I can persuade him to give me a good deal. By then the piggy bank should be a little less anorexic

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
The site seems to have healed itself on my lap top.

Yeaaaaa!!!!!

I've been using the tablet, no problem there, BUT, a 10.1" screen is not as easy on old eyes as a 17.5" screen.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I started with a 7.7, cheap on ebay to see if I would like it.
Turns out it's WAY easier to take the tablet with me than the lap top.

I bought the Samsung galaxy 10.1, with 32 g
It connects to Verizon's 4g network. Sooo much easier than the laptop with the phone as a hot spot. you can be on the internet and the phone. You can also use the tablet as a hotspot as well. It connects to wifi well, so you're not using your plan up. That tablet has a great battery life, usually goes all day, and some of the next day. It takes it a while to charge tho, so keep that in mind.

Of course, the lap top charges right up, but also de-charges right back down in a couple of hours

The tablet adds $10 to my smartphone bill, which is what the hotspot feature was costing me, so I'm right where I started.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Not a bad deal. I'm leaning towards a slate windows based tablet. So I can run some of my biz software on it when on site with out having to tote a laptop. I have tons of manuals for printers,laptops, copiers,etc. Plus tons of graphic files for the vinyl files I cut.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Windows based tabs use w8. w8 sucks. I'll stay android for now

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Maybe.

I think I'll give it some time before I commit. Windos tabs are like $300-400 more.

Ford Truck Articles