View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 01:42 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Question 04 Front Dana60 question

Does anyone know if i can just use regular gear oil in my front axle?? trucks driving me nuts with the whine/howling/hum every time i have to lock the front in.. Book says not to use anything other than 30w gear oil.. but wondering if i can just clean it out and use 80w90/140 or 75w90/140..

im thinking its either not being lubed enough because the oils so thin or the R&P's not set right.. i know both can cause the same issue.. but wanting to try the cheaper thing first before taking it somewhere to have the front reset..

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Sponsored Links