Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That's pretty awesome. I think toy companies should start doing more of the retro look so that kids can get a taste of history rather than "concept" stuff.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's pretty awesome. I think toy companies should start doing more of the retro look so that kids can get a taste of history rather than "concept" stuff.

I know there's a place that will build them if you can get 50 build requests. I don't remember the name of the place...but it was in a 'dentside model' thread on the other place.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Ranger429, thanks for refreshing my memory on what my mini-dent used to look like! When I painted mine it was in no where near the condition of yours, it had seen some gnarly wheeling at that point LOL!

BTW I see that you have the 79 F350 model, I'll be starting on that soon, with the addition of these. Wasn't sure, boggers or IROKs.....hmmmmm... (o BTW I couldn't bear to leave it in the package, I may buy another for that)

001.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright good catch Dennis...been a while since I've seen that thread.

Where on earth do you guys find your denside models? Ebay? A particular manufacturer? Buddies?

The other option is finding the 3 Piece Model kit from the 70's called the Mod Squad or something.
It featured the 1940 Mod car,

amt21363.jpg

a Trailer & a 73-77 Ford Pickup.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHA...thanks Lee...I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy one. Definitely need the Swampers.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's pretty sweet Dennis...I might have to pick that one up too...so I can have a similar version of Red and the Bronco.

Someone want to bid $10.00 for me for this item?

Ebay Item # 220358688564

For some reason it won't let me bid on it.

Here's mine......Still a work in progress. My brother bought this truck for $100 right out of the trees and then decided he didn't want it, so he was either going to just scrap it or give it too me. I decided to restore the truck. Not much was good on the truck. I pretty much just salvaged the chassis, axles, transfer case. The body and engine were shot. I am over 3 years in the project.

Some specs:

460 bored .030 over and stroked to 521
Edelbrock performer intake
Quick Fuel 650CFM carb for Ethanol
No permanant exhaust yet
L&L Shorty Chassis exit headers
D44 Front, D60 Rear
NP205 Transfer case
Integrated Steering Conversion using 78/79 F250 4x4 setup with Borgeson steering shaft
DUI distributer
32 gal rear tank from aerotank

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Maybe im the only one who noticed this but where did your 4wd shifter go?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Maybe im the only one who noticed this but where did your 4wd shifter go?

I'm willing to bet he doesn't have the tcase in yet, and hasn't had to cut up up the floor yet to get the shifter in.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright Buck...where ya at...why don't you have a tcase lever yet?

1978 F-100

Here's mine. Currently I am starting to work on the 460 engine it has a c6 with 3.55 gears and factory air

Attachments

• RESIZED@.jpg
  • RESIZED#.jpg
  • RESIZED$.jpg
  • RESIZED%.jpg

Ford Truck Articles