Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
A bit more progress today, took the axles to the car wash and cleaned them in preparation for grinding/welding etc. Put some heat to some brackets to straighten out some either factory crap or things that have happened over the years.

79_Truck_00210.JPG

79_Truck_0049.JPG

79_Truck_0129.JPG

79_Truck_0147.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good Duncan. You can sure see the breaking point in the metal where the shear went through before it broke.

Thanks Mark, and yeah I agree....I'm going to clean as much up as I can. Thank God for beer and music :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
More prep...and no,they are not finished :D..back at it tomorrow.

79_Truck_00410.JPG

79_Truck_0059.JPG

79_Truck_0069.JPG

79_Truck_0078.JPG

79_Truck_0098.JPG

79_Truck_0109.JPG

79_Truck_0202.JPG

79_Truck_0216.JPG

79_Truck_02411.JPG

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I want to make love to your truck frame. Then I want to find the fountain of youth so I can live to see this build get finished! smilietease

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm in no rush and it takes what it takes :D

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Just finnished reading this from beginning to :scratch: started to say end but that aint right. I am not going to or even near the extreme you are, but mine has snowballed from replacing the trans to completely stripped for repaint to frame paint as well. Am stopping there because of money lol. Awsome job so far will keep an eye on this one YelloThumbUp after seeing this I think I need to get out to the shop and do something on mine :wavey:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks, and a simple regasket was how this whole thing started!...you should start a thread on your build..or have you?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Another day at it but got a lot done, nearly finished the brackets, crossmembers etc. Radius arms and frame are next.
All parts have arrived except the front axle shafts so I may be picking it all up this week.

79_Truck_00211.JPG

79_Truck_00115.JPG

79_Truck_0099.JPG

79_Truck_00811.JPG

79_Truck_0079.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I was leery at first as well, but digital is cheap and works very well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Started on the rear axle and came to a halt. I'm a bit leery that the welds on the outer housing were perhaps from that possible pinion failure..after lots of reading and asking it seems the only way to see 100% for sure if the housing is ent is to use a narrowing jig with mandrels in the center section...nothing like that where I am...so I am going to get the rear end setup and see how the axle shafts fit. I suspect I'm just being paranoid, but I figure better safe than sorry.

79_Truck_00411.JPG

Inside patch where the ring gear made contact, I thought he was going to TIG it, had I known it was MIG, I would have done it myself.:headbang:

79_Truck_00510.JPG

Better view of what has got me in a lather this time :D

79_Truck_00812.JPG

79_Truck_00910.JPG

79_Truck_01010.JPG

79_Truck_0119.JPG

Also cleaned up the jagged castings from inside:

79_Truck_0148.JPG

Back at it again tomorrow :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Axle shafts showed up...at the wrong place! Moser shipped them to TMeyer instead of where Tim had told them to ship them..'smiliedoh' . On the plus side they are now being shipped to me and I should have everything for the axles and transfer case by late next week.

River Water level still within tolerances in OKIE ?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles