Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2 pic N pulls, and a few good notes

nevrenufhp

California Chapter member
I went to the Modesto, and Stockton Pik N Pulls yesterday. Lotsa worthless junk they need to get rid of. I did notice a few nice things. The one in Stockton had a nice 67 F250 I may get the grille from, since it was decently straight. Cant remember seeing but 3-4 Bumpsides, and a few Dents in Modesto's. They did have a couple complete Dents for your front disc swap. Saw a Hydrobooost in a minivan, and a Sterling rear axle I may snag later:cool: .
They both have some ok trucks for the newer generations, just real slim pickins.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've been down to that Stockton PnP-- BIG friggin yard and lots of vehicles, but I was nervous somethin' was going to happen to my truck in the parking lot :rofl: My girlfriend is from Stockton so we go down to visit her parents sometimes.

I'm still trying to find a friggin coolant hose for my truck that you can't buy at the parts stores. It's the metal line that bolts to the top of the rad and runs coolant up to the throttle body. Been to several yards and can't find a decent one. I was at the PnP up in Roseville a couple days ago and almost EVERY one of the gen 9 trucks had the engines pulled. It was nuts.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I thought you found a tube skan

I live at my upull. My friends owns it . He has a scrap yard and figured make extra funds by parting out scrap rides. Problem is he crushed over 100 last week and took 300 in in a 2 week period. He is only allowed to have 1000 there at time.

If you see something get it as once motor is gone its crushed. So buy it.

nevrenufhp

California Chapter member
I'm still trying to find a friggin coolant hose for my truck that you can't buy at the parts stores. It's the metal line that bolts to the top of the rad and runs coolant up to the throttle body. Been to several yards and can't find a decent one. I was at the PnP up in Roseville a couple days ago and almost EVERY one of the gen 9 trucks had the engines pulled. It was nuts.

Is it something you could possibly make? Convert to a different type of tube?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Its the tube running ac-crossed top of rad and up to throttle body . They all seem to rot out . Or if in a upull r hacked off to yank motor or pull rad.

Could have something made ,but its basically a Fseries only thing .

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Is it something you could possibly make? Convert to a different type of tube?
It would be hard to have one custom made- it's kind of a strange tube. There's a rubber hose that runs from a nipple on the rad up to a straight metal tube-- then that metal tube is bolted to the top of the rad and runs straight across to the other side-- at the other end it turns back into a rubber hose that runs up to the throttle body. It was useless for me in the warm CA climate and it was just taking up space so I removed it and capped the nipples with rubber caps. I've tried tons of different caps and all of them crack and eventually leak coolant so I'm just sick of it-- trying to go back to the dumb@$$ tube :headbang:

Ford Truck Articles