Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

T M I 434

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy chit...I had no clue. So it's safe to say the $2600ish advertised cost isn't the actual cost then to make it a safe functional engine then huh?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Holy chit...I had no clue. So it's safe to say the $2600ish advertised cost isn't the actual cost then to make it a safe functional engine then huh?

Actually Ben, it does just say that the rotating assembly is just that....so you could get the balancing done elsewhere. Also I went kinda overboard with the cam, intake and heads...that was a lot of the cost!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

havi

third member
Good luck on the 434 build! I have Dan's efi specs somewhere in my files.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Good luck on the 434 build! I have Dan's efi specs somewhere in my files.

If you have that info, is there anything you can post on it please?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
when do we get pics of said engine????

When said parts get here. I'm expecting the parts to be shipped at the end of Sept....there are some valves that are backordered. I'm also trying to get two garages organized at the same time and I haven't got the engine out of the truck yet either.

havi

third member
CHI 400(I think it's a 351C since the spacers are put in there) intake manifold where the efi ports will have to be drilled, but the bosses are already there for it. 3 feet of Dash-6 extruded fuel rail from Sullivan Performance, Aeromotive fuel press. reg., set of 42# injectors,

2003 Cobra throttle body and plenum from Sullivan Perf., 90mm Lightning Mass-air, An-6 fuel line, 3/8"/An-6 adapters, GP Sorenson sensors, Weiend carb spacer, GLS393 Walbro pump and Earls inline filter, A9L ecm, 89-93 Mustang harness, etc...

http://www.pricemotorsport.com/html/body_ap-34__intake_adapter_kit.html These are similar to his block off and spacer plates.

As you can see, it's really not all difficult, but it is spendy. I also should mention that the set-up originally was with a 460efi upper, but it was too tall. May not be such an issue in your truck? I'm going with a 434 using a standard aluminum 4150 carbed intake, and if and when I decide to go EFI, It's a matter of swapping the 4150 carb for the Sullivan plenum, and fabbing the injectors and fuel rails, though I don't think I have room in my Tbird. The high-rise manifold is so the plenum can clear the dist.

PS: I give Dan Lee full credit! He has been very helpful in giving me his R&D info and advice.

Attachments

• Engine 006.jpg
Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
CHI 400(I think it's a 351C since the spacers are put in there) intake manifold where the efi ports will have to be drilled, but the bosses are already there for it. 3 feet of Dash-6 extruded fuel rail from Sullivan Performance, Aeromotive fuel press. reg., set of 42# injectors,

2003 Cobra throttle body and plenum from Sullivan Perf., 90mm Lightning Mass-air, An-6 fuel line, 3/8"/An-6 adapters, GP Sorenson sensors, Weiend carb spacer, GLS393 Walbro pump and Earls inline filter, A9L ecm, 89-93 Mustang harness, etc...

http://www.pricemotorsport.com/html/body_ap-34__intake_adapter_kit.html These are similar to his block off and spacer plates.

As you can see, it's really not all difficult, but it is spendy. I also should mention that the set-up originally was with a 460efi upper, but it was too tall. May not be such an issue in your truck? I'm going with a 434 using a standard aluminum 4150 carbed intake, and if and when I decide to go EFI, It's a matter of swapping the 4150 carb for the Sullivan plenum, and fabbing the injectors and fuel rails, though I don't think I have room in my Tbird. The high-rise manifold is so the plenum can clear the dist.

PS: I give Dan Lee full credit! He has been very helpful in giving me his R&D info and advice.

Thanks Havi!...I will do some reading.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
If your gonna daily drive it I say go EFI duncan, but if its going to be a toy carb that baitch! and be done with it :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If your gonna daily drive it I say go EFI duncan, but if its going to be a toy carb that baitch! and be done with it :)

It is probably gonna see at the most 1-2000 miles per year. Mostly a toy with the idea of towing a quad trailer or driving on FS roads...no serious 4x4ing.
It might do a trip up to the Territories but that would be all highway and not often at all.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I don't know what I'm gonna do yet.

Ford Truck Articles