Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well This Really, Rrrrreally SUCKS!!!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Brad I can't even start to tell you how sad this makes me... :(

But...
If you buy a a black crew cab Raptor I'll burn your HOUSE DOWN!

Sans graphics kit! I'm calling my dad to put the order in now! smilietease

Man..noting to add..sorry dude

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Daaaaaaaaangit...sorry to see that Brad. I feel naseous.

Wish me luck guys, I'm about to file a claim with a 'dot com' insurance company....you all have seen their ads, the company with the ditzy rep selling policies in boxes like they're shoes. I'll keep you posted...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Wish me luck guys, I'm about to file a claim with a 'dot com' insurance company....you all have seen their ads, the company with the ditzy rep selling policies in boxes like they're shoes. I'll keep you posted...

Hope it goes well.

Just got off of the phone....

* Before we can admit to liability, we'll need to talk to all of the drivers involved.

I can understand that but I was a little alarmed that at this point they knew nothing about the Ranger. It's because of that, we can't move forward.

* I'm sorry, Suntrup Ford isn't in our 'network of repair facilities'! NO!!!!:headbang:

When you go to their website they offer:
Concierge Level of Claims Service

We Take Care of the Details for You

Report your claim online any time of the day or night. Then, just schedule an appointment and drop off your car at one of our Service Centers and we take care of the rest — from writing estimates to arranging repairs with a body shop in our network of repair facilities. If you want to rent a car, we even have those on site. You're on your way in about 15 minutes. We take care of your claim from start to finish — and we guarantee the repairs for as long as you own or lease your car.

I'm sorry, but that's NOT a service I'll be taking 'advantage' of....I actually wonder how many do use that?

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Dang... that sucks, but remember it could have been alot worse.

I still remember pics of the Ranger you put up a while ago..

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I have heard horror stories of people with filing a claim with them. A few friends had them and dropped them after the first claim due to how bad the service was. They cheaped out the repairs using after market parts,not replacing all the brackets that were broken, horrid paint jobs. The kicker was it took one guy over 5 months to get stuff fixed.
Get your own estimate if you can to compare to what they want to give you.

I have heard horror stories of people with filing a claim with them. A few friends had them and dropped them after the first claim due to how bad the service was. They cheaped out the repairs using after market parts,not replacing all the brackets that were broken, horrid paint jobs. The kicker was it took one guy over 5 months to get stuff fixed.
Get your own estimate if you can to compare to what they want to give you.

Thank you, Mr. Sunshine! :rofl2:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I have a friend that has progressive insurance and thinks it's the greatest insurance there is. His home,all his cars are with him. He has a wood stove in a house built in the 1920's and one side has settled so far down there is no way to raise it up cheaply and he heats with a wood stove with the stove sitting at a angle because of it. I wonder how he will explain that if his house catches fire.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

I'm sorry, but that's NOT a service I'll be taking 'advantage' of....I actually wonder how many do use that?

My stepmother was going to...stepbro cracked up her car, and she bought into the "one of our shops will take care of everything for you" line. Couldn't seem to understand why I started flying off the handle when I heard they told her she couldn't use her local Ford dealership (which has a GREAT bodyshop) because it wasn't on their preferred list.

Would have been curious to see the end result, but I guess it doesn't take much to write off an old Focus with high miles...

At 9:15 tomorrow morning I will be at the 'dot com' insurance co. auto claims center where they will do an estimate of the damage to my truck. While the claims agent was setting up the appointment she emphasized that this by no means indicates any liability on their part.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.

my insurance company has something similar and I have used it before. Last time I got hit it was by an uninsured motorist. I went to one of there preferred repair places (where I probably would have went anyway) and they gave me an estimate. Once I approved it they made me an appointment and had a rental car waiting for me when I dropped off my truck. I had to pay my deductible since it was an uninsured but if they ever get any money out of her then I'll get that back.

I have done it another time too when it was an unlicensed driver but insured car. Basically worked the same way. I had to pay my deductible but my insurance company went after the other insurance company to pay for everything and I got a check back for my deductible.

Both times I was out of my truck for a very limited time.

I had a bad experience with my Ford dealer fixing a different accident. I actually found fingerprints in the paint job. :headbang:

Ford Truck Articles