Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

08 Superduty problem-6.4

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
If you drive around with about 2000 lbs in the back of your truck the fuel milage will get better. The reason fuel milage on these trucks is so bad is the regeneration process the exhaust goes through, to go into regen the exhaust temp has to be at a certain point so they dump extra fuel into the truck to get the temp up thats where all your fuel is going and why the oil level ends up being over full when you have it changed. So if you are riding around with a loaded truck the exhaust temp should be high enough all the time so the pcm wont have to add as much or any at all to go into a regen brining the mpg's up. I know this sounds weird but trust me it works.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
If you drive around with about 2000 lbs in the back of your truck the fuel milage will get better.
So, if they're 5' 4" or so, and normal (not Tony sized), that's about 110 to 115lbs each, so, you need to find 2000/112.5(AVG) = 17.7, that's roughly 17 or 18 hot chicks to ride around in the bed of your truck with you every day.

Works for me. :wavey:

Recent update...the tech at the dealer tells me..they flashed a new update..still regerating every 35 miles.
My question...if they don't get this fixed..will the Sparton program signal it's own regeneration at a more appropriate interval? Will it completely take over and replace all of Fords' program?....thereby solving all my current issues? (Issues being power-milage-regeneration interval)

blacksnapon

Staff member
I still find it hard to believe that they can't find the reason for frequent regens.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts