Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ujoint Dana 60 Front Axle

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
shes got all 6 feet back on the ground again.. but havent test driven her yet.. thatll be tomorrow to see if i reassembled her correctly... hope i did..

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
lil dually didnt disappoint me.. i drove her to work today and while she did ride alot smoother than she had been.. when i looked under the truck for leaks.. i noticed one of the universal caps is now half out of the axles ear :( upside it got trapped against the ball joint... but now im going to have to macgyver it to get it home to fix it again.. looks like somewhere along the way it lost the C clip that holds it in..

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
since i forgot to finish my updation of the ujoint replacement...

image_zpshmjzh5jv.jpeg

Axle shaft was returned to its home...

image_zpsbbrmeiu5.jpeg

cleaned up the back of the Wheel hub.. then re-greased the axle bearing there..

image_zpsyvn1jbyd.jpeg

wheel hub back in place...

image_zpstmqwqoun.jpeg

thanks to my 3/4" ratchet and tq wrench snugging the nuts to 133ft-lbs was easy...

image_zps7hgkzfdw.jpeg

brakes back on...

image_zps6asmj5nj.jpeg

hub lock reinstalled (much easier than it was the first time trying to do that...)

image_zps68dsmxdg.jpeg

different lighting..

image_zpskjcvgwkt.jpeg

wheel on and ready to go... or so i thought..

When i got to work i saw this during an inspection for leaks...

image_zpsbp67xief.jpeg

the stupid c-clip was defective... popped out of the groove and moved up the cap as the cap was getting knocked out...

image_zpsjg4cr3d6.jpeg

MacGyver fix to get it home... replaced the c-clip and a little grinding.. problem was solved...

Ford Truck Articles