Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2007 Superduty Transmission Fluid

blacksnapon

Staff member
Mercon LV

thank you blacksnapon..I finally got around to emptying the pan and changing the remote filter. I only got a little over 2 gallons out of it. I've read different procedures for flushing the rest but they seem to vary. Any tricks or links to what you would recommend?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Without going through all the nonsense of heating the internal thermostat to flush it completely, just dropping the pan periodically will do a pretty fair job.

i read a post saying that if you drain the pan and then pour in 2 quarts thru the dipstick hole and run the truck for 10 seconds and turn it off, drain the pan again and repeat this for 4 quarts it will flush for you. Does that make sense to you?

blacksnapon

Staff member
i read a post saying that if you drain the pan and then pour in 2 quarts thru the dipstick hole and run the truck for 10 seconds and turn it off, drain the pan again and repeat this for 4 quarts it will flush for you. Does that make sense to you?
Nah, you don't want to run it dry.

Ford Truck Articles