Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2006 Amarillo

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok guys I found one in Fenton that sounds like a killer deal.

I wanna here the good, bad and ugly about them. The yellow is starting to grow on me.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ha no. Seriously though anybody have anything on the 6.0's transmissions anything I need to look for when I got to drive this thing on monday or tuesday?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Ha no. Seriously though anybody have anything on the 6.0's transmissions

Torqshift is supposed to be a pretty good trans- heck, I think Todd was running a stock in his truck without any issues.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
You can't tell me this doesn't look nice! LOL

1FTSW21P06EB52743B.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
my momma always taught me if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.... lucky for you that doesnt apply for the whole truck, just the wheels, and color.....

I like the Dick Cepek wheels.

I don't like the color though.Momma always taught me to be honest.

That truck screams Baywatch.

097.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Other then it being yellow...cool truck!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I would pimp it, although I believe it was 07 when they made the fix for the head gaskets. The 6.0 is a very finiky motor so make sure it has a good history of service, oil changes, coolant flushes... also make sure its not been chipped.

Well it's not anymore the company traded it in for an Escape. I need to take some pics the next time the 6x6 International vac truck drops by St. Charles.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
That truck = SEKSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the torqueshift trans behind the 6.0's is an anvil, I've rarely heard of anything going wrong with one.

The 6.0 head gasket problem was never completely solved by Ford or Navistar, that being said my '05 6.0 is approaching 75k miles and I've never had the heads off.

Get the vin, have a Ford dealership run an Oasis on it. That will tell you all of the work that was performed under warranty on it. I'd shy away from it if there has been injector or headgasket trouble with it.

And even though I plan to get one soon...........if there is a electronic tuner on it, your're probably better off finding another truck. It's a good inicator that the truck has been run hard.

And oh yeah, my '05 Lariat has a moonroof, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah I will def get the VIN to see what is up.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You can't tell me this doesn't look nice! LOL

1FTSW21P06EB52743B.jpg

Very Nice Doc. I am pretty envious of that truck. I can't believe there are so many yellow haters here. besides the yellow that was in Sean's avatar, I typically like it. It takes a special person to be able to pull of yellow. And I do like the DC rims, but they look a little off to me as well, they just look shallow, but I'd still run them. I'd drive that thing in a heart beat.

Taylor's Uncle's truck...

Also known as one of your siblings or an in-law?

is that a mutha fawkin moon roof???? wtf???

Agree...moon roofs are for cars and chicks.

Well it's not anymore the company traded it in for an Escape.

Wow...went from all man to Richard Simmons in no time flat with that decision.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That is not what the truck looks like now, but what my plans are for it. I found pics of the actual truck now...

Ford Truck Articles