Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another Nice Barn Find

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
A good friend of our oldest son just got this 2-owner beauty. He found the truck in Idaho and got it for doing some remodel work on a widower's house.

79_Ford.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Not much. It is a 2 owner truck, born and raised in Idaho, and he's going to put a 5.9 Cummins in the engine bay in place of the 400......... sigh.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Not much. It is a 2 owner truck, born and raised in Idaho, and he's going to put a 5.9 Cummins in the engine bay in place of the 400......... sigh.

I support this decision! I've always wanted a crew cab version stretched to a long box with a nice Cummins swap.

Fellro

Staff member
Biggest problem is that they don't sit quite well in the older trucks. Requires a little firewall work to make it happen. I'm one that likes swaps that can be reversed without permanent damage. I did a swap in a 92, but they have a bit more room to work with, and even that was tight.

Wow, I just died a little inside.

Ryan

X2 on that Ryan ....... very nice looking truck and hopefully he'll keep the original running gear to swap back in once he's gotten over the "cummins fever"

:wavey: Hi, Mark. Are you headed into winter now?

Unfortunately yes ...... as i have failed yet again to win lotto over the summer i'm stuck freezing my backside off in the workshop for the next 5 months. Today we had a particularly rude awakening to the arrival of winter which was signalled by an appearance of Jack Frost ........ he can bugger off any time he chooses - sooner the better :) :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Unfortunately yes ...... as i have failed yet again to win lotto over the summer i'm stuck freezing my backside off in the workshop for the next 5 months. Today we had a particularly rude awakening to the arrival of winter which was signalled by an appearance of Jack Frost ........ he can bugger off any time he chooses - sooner the better :) :)

Haha....hey Mark, maybe next year! (on the lottery!)

Ford Truck Articles