Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

If you have a truck with P/A steering...

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
I can strongly recommend Benchworks P/S conversion ! I finally got mine installed last weekend. (Sorry no during pics but will get some after pics so you know how the set up looks) I bought it with the 14:1 ratio gearbox and can say this old girl has never driven this nice !! The hardest part of the whols process is removing the old system. The whole job can easily be done in a day as I started on mine on Sat. around 11:00 A.M. and had it pretty much finished by 5:30 P.M.. The main thing you want to have on hand is a 1/2 in. drill and a torch comes in handy too for old rusty bolts but not completely a have to have.
There is only one thing about this kit that I had reservations about and that is that you lose the lower drivers side radiator mounting bolt. But after installation I really see no future problems and am in love with the way my truck drives now !!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Chuck...any updates on this. IIRC, this is a bolt on system, correct??? Do you have any current pics just to check out how it looks. I figure if I'm gonna drop $7-800 in parts alone (if I get the core charge back) I may as well go all out, right??? Any issues or fear with extra frame stress???

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If you were to do it again...would you piece together your own kit??? I think I see a pre-fab backing plate. Do you like the strength, I have access to all the flat stock I could ever want, and put something stronger together???

Ford Truck Articles