Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My New Van...V2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
hehehe....I'm guessing when it was on the truck given the height of it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah, it is...mind you, I have not asked either, it was a pretty brief call today.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
By the sounds of it a piece of the plastic trim where the backup camera is was broken, the brake light above the doors and a 1/2" deep dent on the corner radius on top by the brake light...sounds like a new panel has been ordered

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You're going to cry yourself to sleep when you hand in the GM van.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If I was a guessing kinda guy, I'd say that a driver didn't quite realize the van was 9' high.
Damage estimate...$4500

P0004-005250--06-09-2015_14-52-21.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
New panel at back and the roof should be easy to straighten, I already talked to a couple of body guys, one being a guy that I trust 100% and all should be good.
The fact that they have easy access to the inside is a huge plus.
If I had the time to wait, I would demand another one...but I need to get the big truck sold before another safety/winter and I'm sick of not being setup properly.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Just wow.....................And I thought going past 90 days to close on a piece of land was absurd. I feel your pain.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Do you have this in your possession, yet? If so, how is it?

Just wow.....................And I thought going past 90 days to close on a piece of land was absurd. I feel your pain.

:mad::mad::mad::headbang::headbang::headbang::icon_mecker::icon_mecker::icon_mecker:

Funny you guys bring this up..still waiting on that body part...this Transit rollout has not been, IMO, one of Ford's finer endeavors.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
First gen 6.0?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
First gen 6.0?

I don't think so.....and I think that was blown out of proportion to a degree...our Subcontractor has one of the early 2003's with 200k miles on it...a few issues but still a daily work truck.

I am getting fedup of working out of this rental though.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
:mad::mad::mad::headbang::headbang::headbang::icon_mecker::icon_mecker::icon_mecker:

Funny you guys bring this up..still waiting on that body part...this Transit rollout has not been, IMO, one of Ford's finer endeavors.

The local dealer doesn't even have them available yet.

Ford Truck Articles