Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Info On Front Output Yoke-B/W 4407, 96-97 F-350

I destroyed the front output yoke on my 96 F-350 7.3, ZF5, 4X4, CC, LB, a year ago. For a year, I could not find one! I had finally decided I would use the barrel from my old yoke, buy a yoke that would fit my driveline, and cut and weld the two together.
The yoke I bought happened to have the same bore and spline count, as my old yoke. The only difference was that Ford had shaved, and squared off, the tops of the splines. I assume this was to make the yoke proprietory.
I bought the yoke, took it to a machine shop, had the splines squared off, and I'm on the road again! The yoke still went in very snug, but it's in.Had to use the nut to get the yoke all the way on. Been pulling stumps, and towing in 4WD with no issues whatsoever! The yoke cost me less than $50!
If you've had this yoke let loose, you know how hard they are to come by.
I bought mine at Drivelines NW, in Seattle. Their phone is 1-800-552-7647
You can email Roger, there at [email protected]
The yoke part number is: CA2-4-5441, #385 end yoke. The CA denotes the manufacturer, which is Century Auto. They can also get the "Spicer" brand yoke, which is backordered. They are bout $100. That number is 2-4-5441. The CA yoke is also backordered until the end of the month. Hope this helps a few!

Last edited:
The above post is wrong. Somebody on another Forum bought one of these yokes. It is a 32 spline yoke. Ford used a 31 spline yoke. The machine shop told me they were the same spline count, and I took their word for it. I am using the yoke, and I've had no problems, but now I'd like to find the exact replacement.
Maybe a Mod can delete this thread? I can't as it's been too long. Sorry guys.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Front driveshaft: You want the slip yoke at the rear of this shaft, not the flange at the front of it, correct?

What is the wheelbase?

BKW,
Looking for the flange yoke. 96 F350,CC,LB,BW 4407 Transfer case.
Also, Now I'm told that the info on my first post is,in fact correct. You can use the yoke I listed, after a little machining. I am using it. Have been for about 4 months now, with no problems.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
If you are in the Seattle area, there is a Ford Dealer there that gives parts discounts off the actual MSRP to all.

PARTSGUYED.COM-Ed Olson, parts manager of Horizon Ford in Tukwila WA

Ed has an EZ to use online parts catalog.

Is your truck a 5 speed or an E4OD?

Is the yoke still working out. I am about to order one for a 97 I am working on. Thanks.
Bryan

B/W 4407 Yoke

It's been about 4 months now. The yoke is still working great! I was a little worried that there may be some issue, because it is not a perfect spline fit like the OEM, but after 4 months, no problems. Right now, it's the only thing I've seen that works. Alot of people on other forums, and I believe this one, have said they were going to check into getting OEM's made. To date, none as of yet. This is an acceptable alternative, and you may never have a problem. Just keep in mind that the yoke is the weakest link in the front drivetrain. Especially when running oversized tires! I learned my lesson!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles