Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wow....wonder how much he wants for this thing!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^
1_57.JPG

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I love it, and I think the color is different enough to be cool, but not goofy enough to be gross. I can see why you might not like it, though. It's kind of "Tonka"

Those 4x4's look so cool on the really old trucks.

Ryan

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Nice truck, but the color looks like it's School Bus Yellow, and it being an F-2 which is a 3/4 ton truck with a long bed and the Marmom Harrington 4x4 package makes it a rather rare truck with it not only being a long bed and a 3/4 ton, and what makes it rarer yet is that it's an actual Marmon Harrington 4x4 which is rather rare, I guess that what makes it cool.smilieFordlogosmilieFordlogosmiliegitrdonesmiliegitrdone

Nice truck, but the color looks like it's School Bus Yellow, and it being an F-2 which is a 3/4 ton truck with a long bed and the Marmom Harrington 4x4 package makes it a rather rare truck with it not only being a long bed and a 3/4 ton, and what makes it rarer yet is that it's an actual Marmon Harrington 4x4 which is rather rare, I guess that what makes it cool.smilieFordlogosmilieFordlogosmiliegitrdonesmiliegitrdone

Lol...I was going to say school bus yellow too,but looks good on that
truck...:)

"Rather rare"? I have the archive of known 51/52 F-2/F-3 Marmon Herrington conversions. There are five F-2s, five, CA, WY, UT, SD, and the eBay one in MI. This truck came from Rod Kruithoff's amazing M-H collection. I've spent time on my back under this truck studying for the restorations of my M-Hs. The color is claimed to be original, and it probably is since it is seen on the vin plate that the color code is SS. Obviously much of the glitz is wrong, simply done to Rod's taste as were all his trucks. But there is no way to replicate the professional restoration of this truck for under six figures. Having spent its life in Rod's personal museum it is no doubt, as the seller says, still perfect. Hopefully it finds a deserving new home. Stu

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
"Rather rare"? I have the archive of known 51/52 F-2/F-3 Marmon Herrington conversions. There are five F-2s, five, CA, WY, UT, SD, and the eBay one in MI. This truck came from Rod Kruithoff's amazing M-H collection. I've spent time on my back under this truck studying for the restorations of my M-Hs. The color is claimed to be original, and it probably is since it is seen on the vin plate that the color code is SS. Obviously much of the glitz is wrong, simply done to Rod's taste as were all his trucks. But there is no way to replicate the professional restoration of this truck for under six figures. Having spent its life in Rod's personal museum it is no doubt, as the seller says, still perfect. Hopefully it finds a deserving new home. Stu

Oh wow.....are you surprised he took the ebay route? Thinking a high end auction/broker would have been the way to go...unless this person is testing the market......what do you think something like this worth in today's market to a non-collector?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

I see you have a F-3 M-H. How many of those are still in existence?

Oh wow.....are you surprised he took the ebay route? Thinking a high end auction/broker would have been the way to go...unless this person is testing the market......what do you think something like this worth in today's market to a non-collector?

Could be testing the market, or could be aiming at a world market. I recall a conversation I had with Rod where he mentioned a restored truck years ago that was purchased for serious money and taken to the one of the middle eastern oil producing countries. To me there are things that should be changed on the yellow truck, starting with the glitz, but to me it's still a $50-$75,000 truck.

I see you have a F-3 M-H. How many of those are still in existence?

I did a count and have record of two dozen F-3s that survived into the computer age as either complete original trucks, or have survived as M-H component sets that can be fitted to donor 2wd trucks. Since all were conversions, it's very possible to do a conversion today that is identical to one done 65 years ago. Several I've found web references for that I've tried to track down but came to a dead end on. I have record of one Merc M-3, the rest Fords. Most of the F-3s/M-3, and all of the F-2s, are 51/52s having a two speed transfer case. M-H assigned model R32-4 to both the F-2 and F-3 conversions because they upgraded the F-2s to F-3 spec. But there are a few detail differences between the F-2 and F-3 conversions. A handful, all F-3s, are the earlier 48-51 model R3-4 having a single speed transfer case shared with the half ton model. I have two R3-4s and all, or complete components, for two R32-4s. I also parted out an early '53 F-250 (M254) that used the same components. Most of it now survives in trucks undergoing restoration. Stu

I was a bit surprised that it met reserve and sold. So often eBay listings are intended to test, or create, the market. Hopefully the truck doesn't disappear into a collection never to be seen again. Stu

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^That is some truck.....I believe I'd pay that price for that thing......but as already mentioned, it's probably valued a bit more considering the history and such.

I had a cool truck in Illinois. It got down to 20 degrees below zero one night. Cool trucks with 20 weight oil in the crankcase and an old battery sometimes don't start.
The roads were icy too, so it didn't stop so well either. Oh well, if it won't start, why
worry about stopping. Don't rely on anything I might say. I'm crazy.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I had a cool truck in Illinois. It got down to 20 degrees below zero one night. Cool trucks with 20 weight oil in the crankcase and an old battery sometimes don't start.
The roads were icy too, so it didn't stop so well either. Oh well, if it won't start, why
worry about stopping. Don't rely on anything I might say. I'm crazy.

You ok dude? :suspicious:

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Denise? You back with a new screen name? :rofl2:

Ford Truck Articles