Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Sun visor question

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
The double visors with the Homelink that you asked about in my Ranger came out of an Explorer; I have no idea if the interchange you are proposing would work. I can say that in my Ford mod experience on the Ranger, that despite many parts that *should* readily bolt right on (esp Explorer parts), that Ford has made it a point to ever so slightly change something to make this "discouraging". Not that things cant be done, but it may take some modding of the upgrade part (cut, trim, add a shim, change electrical connectors, etc) to make it work. Anyhow, something to consider and I'd expect that the only Ford parts guy that would know if your proposal works would be one that had a customer that was/was not successful.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
If it was the excursion i would say 100% yes because the Excursions cabs were the same as the SD crew cabs... Just streched a little more for the rear window portions..

The Expedition's and Explorer's had different body style from the Super Duty's so cant really say for sure there.. Would maybe work for the 150's but dont think it would for the super duty.

Ford Truck Articles