Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Opinions please

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Your opinions on what (if any) brands/models are best for a CAI and turbo back exhaust for a 2005 with the 6.0.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That was along the line of what I was reading as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
This started because the dealer has to use a tuner for the EGR delete...so yes, that's why I posted this for the intake and exhaust..:D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Avoid the oiled gauze filters....aem may be a good option, it's dry gauze.

Why?..I've been using K&N for years including the Harley's with no issues..is there something I'm not aware of?
Edit...and thanks for the suggestions!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I pulled the one off that I had on my flareside. The oil gets sucked into the intake and essentially "gums" up the MAF sensor that can cause an inaccurate reading. It also has a nasty habit of letting dust and fine dirt into your intake system.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I pulled the one off that I had on my flareside. The oil gets sucked into the intake and essentially "gums" up the MAF sensor that can cause an inaccurate reading. It also has a nasty habit of letting dust and fine dirt into your intake system.

Interesting...thanks!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
There are alot of arguements both for and against k&n filters and those similar...

I personally use them, but i clean them frequently as well...

If your sucking air through the intake, youve put to much oil on the filter...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There are alot of arguements both for and against k&n filters and those similar...

I personally use them, but i clean them frequently as well...

If your sucking air through the intake, youve put to much oil on the filter...

I've used them since I was 17...yeah, a long time ago :D. I've never used them on a vehicle with any sort of sensors in them though..I guess the bikes do have an IAC but I have never had issues with plugging. I do agree about the over oiling.
Thanks for the opinions guys!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
That's a problem. How many people do you think want to meticulously clean and oil their air filter all the time. I used mine for a few year before I got rid of it. I'm simply stating that there are better, less maintenance required options out there.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Junior, I'm wanting the least amount of maintenance..and I am one of those anal idiots...:rofl:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
All opinions are good and I the more I can get the better...seems the mbrp is a favorite though!

Ford Truck Articles