Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brake light and reverse light wiring problem

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well a few days ago i posted about having no reverse lights on the 88. well now it has only 1 brake light again.. this had happened a few months ago so i replaced all the bulbs. well now it has happened again.. i havent got the chance to really pull it apart and check anything but i got a circuit tester to check if im getting power to the connectors in the socket. if i am then i know its a bulb connection problem... but the only problem with that is the parking lights work.... but if not that means a short circuit somewhere or ground problem. cause all the fuses are fine. but first off what should i hook the aligator clip on the circuit tester too? aint it gonna be a ground? but any more tips?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
here is the wiring diagram and i dont understand any of it....
not real good with electrical...

scan0002.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
here is the wiring diagram and i dont understand any of it....
not real good with electrical...

scan0002.jpg

All the circles with squiggly lines are bulbs.Blk is usually ground,and dots at the T's(where one wire meets another) are splices.

Wht=White
LT Blu=Light Blue

Those abbreviations indicate wire colors.Just follow the wires.

Keep in mind the wires could be completely different colors than what the diagram lists.One thing I can say is that the license plate lights use a brown and black wire,it's that way on my 80,and it's that way on a buddy's 95,I don't think they changed those colors.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yep looks like your looking for a Black and apink wire going to your rear back up lamps, and a black wire ground, So check the ground.

and ont he brake lights
Light green and a orange, going into the lamp and black gorund, with brown running out .
the righ tone is, light blue and orange.

Good luck, Have fun

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok ive got the tail lamps apart and i was looking for a ground spot and i cant find any ground spot. i have the brake lights fixed but it still has no reverse lights. where would the ground be for the reverse lights.. and if it has a good ground where is the reverse switch?

Ford Truck Articles