Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Beeping under dash (not door chime)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey folks smilieFordlogo

Anyone aware of another buzzer/beeper in these trucks aside from the door chime? I'm getting an intermittent beeping that sounds like a continuity test on a multi-meter-- beeps vary in length from very short to sometimes drawn out, and it seems to be driven by driving over bumps in the road (which would indicate something physical like a wire shorting somewhere). I've never heard my truck make this particular beeping tone in 10+ years of owning it, didn't know I had another beeper somewhere.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I read on another forum that these trucks can make a beep sound if a dash light goes out-- I did have an airbag light on before and I'll have to double check but I think perhaps it has gone out now... Is this true? Do these trucks been sporadically when a dash light goes out?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Is something on the passenger seat? A bump could make a sensor think there's someone there that should be buckled up- but only for a moment.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Is something on the passenger seat? A bump could make a sensor think there's someone there that should be buckled up- but only for a moment.
Well yes, my work bag... but these old trucks don't have seatbelt chimes let alone weight sensors in the seats, do they?!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lol I know it's been a few years since I've been active around here, but did the old bear finally lose his marbles? smilieneenar

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
If the airbag lamp is blown, then the beep will act as a substitute for the airbag system, which still provides an alarm for the driver after the lamp is out.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I've gotten a beep from mine too, but have no idea what the source is. The buzzer is unplugged because it was annoying, so it's separate from the buzzer like Chris is saying. Maybe that's it.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles