Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thought it may be a good idea to have a thread that was for the trucks we find on ebay, CL, local classifieds, other sites, etc. That way we can all drool over them, discuss what's wrong with them and generally just talk about the truck, that way we can cut down on the individual threads and have them all in one place. I'll get this thing started...

Here are a few that are over, but I thought they were worthy:

This truck is absolutely GOOOOOOOOORGEOUS, not so sure how I feel about the front bumper though, and it's in KNOXVILLE:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...d=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:-1|39:1|240:1308

Here's another TN truck, thought it was nice, but the guy is whacked if he thinks he's gonna get 10k for it...it ain't that nice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Whoops...on edit found a new auction for the second link I posted, the guy still wants too much:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just found everyone's favorite dentside seller, and he's selling a Bronco, I'll defer this to Scott, seeing as I can't tear apart a Bronco as well as I can a truck:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1308

I've gotta question the factory engine with a 4 core radiator...I consider the radiator part of the engine...and the SC radiator was the biggest and had 3 cores. Also gotta question the crow hop he's talking about...obviously not lifted properly. Anyone have anything else to add...looks like an alright Bronco to me...still don't like the guy though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That first green crewcab is very nice. But there are some things I don't like. I don't like the color combo on the inside. I'm not too sure about the dash bezel. The front tires look like they tow out a bit (is that normal). Also, I'm not crazy about the front and rear bumpers. But, a nice truck indeed. I'll get back to some of the other trucks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That first green crewcab is very nice. But there are some things I don't like. I don't like the color combo on the inside. I'm not too sure about the dash bezel. The front tires look like they tow out a bit (is that normal). Also, I'm not crazy about the front and rear bumpers. But, a nice truck indeed. I'll get back to some of the other trucks.

I guess I didn't really notice those things...I was just blown away by the exterior. But going back now, thanks for bursting that bubble Buck. But you're right, the interior doesn't really match...dash pad is light tan, and the carpet looks like a medium brown. As for the dash bezel...that grey is definitely outta place. You're right about the tires, and no, that isn't normal. I guess it's more of a truck with toooooons of potential, most of the hard work has already been done.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That blue crew is extremely nice except for the wheels. I'd definitely change those, but what a truck.

Ben I didn't mean to burst your bubble about that green one. I really like the exterior paint job on that one. I probably wouldn't have noticed what I did except there seemed to be multiple pics that were the same so when looking at them, just noticed a few things.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
That last crewcab is beyond nuts!!!!

I'd be afraid to even start it, let alone drive it!

its a good thing most of the trucks i find on evilbay are in the USA,far away,and expensive by the time you get them here into canada as i would have about 10 or 15 of them i"m sure [a lot more that i have room or pockets for] one thing i find a lot from the warm climate areas is very nice minimal/rust free bodys but wore out/cracked up/dried up interiors from the heat and i see you realy have to watch for that

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Good point. That does look a bit odd.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
yeah, that black shortbed looks like the fenderwells were cut out a bit and the chrome was placed on it. Or maybe the tires are just too small, but does look odd. Not worth $6500 though. If the truck has some bubbling on the hood, the chances are, it has rust elsewhere. Those spots on the hood don't rust out that easy.

That 77 two tone Highboy is very nice. $9000 might be high, but there isn't much of a description or pics. Looks very solid though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

That's a great looking truck...if the economy wasn't the way it was...I'd say he could probably get that...but it's not, and I think he'd be lucky to get 5k for it now...but it really is pretty.

Sooooo what did this guy actually do? He said he ran out of time and money...extremely short sighted if that's all he got done. I probably wouldn't go more than $500 for that truck.

This one looks pretty clean. I bid on it for 2500. and it ended with no other bids, then relisted at 6500.00.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0334451164&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

I agree with the others...something just doesn't look right about that truck...and he's asking about 4k too much.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
The first truck the trim paint that goes around the bottom would look better if he followed it over the wheelwells. The front bumper was too small and was higher than the body. The cab,fenders,bed looked like it was channeled over the frame. The rear bumper looked homemade and thrown together.

The 2nd truck the paint looked great. But the front bumper would have looked better if it was finished it looked undone.If it was me I would have put a nice winch in place of the lights and built a grill guard to match the bumper with the extra lights there. The interior was ok even with the seats but I would have had them recovered to match looks like they were put in as a 2nd after thought. Now I wonder what the rear looks like. I would also put new pedal covers on instead of leaving them bare. The tires are too small with the amount of lift he has.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok

Ford Truck Articles