Ford Truck Fanatics

Ford Truck Fanatics (http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation (http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Help choosing vanity license plates. (http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39033)

taxreliever 07-08-2015 06:51 AM

Help choosing vanity license plates.
 
Now that we've decided we cannot let these hunks of metal leave our hands, we're ready to personalize them for the boys.

My wife and I are torn and are 50/50 on whether we should have their names on the plates or something similar to what we currently have on the 77.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...psercfuchq.jpg

taxreliever 07-08-2015 06:56 AM

Right now this is what we have on our vehicles:

-F150 KR - TAXIN8R (Corporate vehicle)

-Expi - ALLEN08 (we were married in 08)

-77 F150 - THX BABE

-79 F250 - issued plate

-POS Cheby Plow truck - issued plate

smokey 07-08-2015 07:22 AM

I wouldn't do the mom.
the other kids will taunt them and call them mom's boys. Nothing wrong with being a mommas boy but kids will be kids.
I like their names and they will also. remember as a kid finding stuff with your name. Like those little licence plates for you bike they were cool.

fatherdoug 07-08-2015 07:24 AM

My $0.02($0.00002) in today's dollars, adjusted for inflation and the CPI. Vanity plates only make sense to the people that have them put on the vehicle.

taxreliever 07-08-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokey (Post 659383)
I wouldn't do the mom.
the other kids will taunt them and call them mom's boys. Nothing wrong with being a mommas boy but kids will be kids.
I like their names and they will also. remember as a kid finding stuff with your name. Like those little licence plates for you bike they were cool.

Very good points Randy! Thanks......kids can be cruel for sure....while it would be hard to make fun of a kid riding around in rigs like these, like you said, kids will attempt to taunt for whatever reason.

taxreliever 07-08-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatherdoug (Post 659384)
My $0.02($0.00002) in today's dollars, adjusted for inflation and the CPI. Vanity plates only make sense to the people that have them put on the vehicle.

Thanks Doug.....did they have a monetary system back in your day? Was it the denarius? smilietease

But I would agree with you that people have personalized plates that make sense to them.......it's always been my pet peeve that people would have plates that aren't generally able to be understood.....almost makes them a wasted effort unless it was purely for themselves and their families.

Over the years the "THX BABE" has gotten some great remarks as it can either say, "Thanks for letting me buy it." or "Thanks for buying it for me." and we've never told anyone definitively which one it was meant to say.

fatherdoug 07-08-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxreliever (Post 659388)
Thanks Doug.....did they have a monetary system back in your day? Was it the denarius? smilietease

But I would agree with you that people have personalized plates that make sense to them.......it's always been my pet peeve that people would have plates that aren't generally able to be understood.....almost makes them a wasted effort unless it was purely for themselves and their families.

Over the years the "THX BABE" has gotten some great remarks as it can either say, "Thanks for letting me buy it." or "Thanks for buying it for me." and we've never told anyone definitively which one it was meant to say.

Actually, it was the drachma. :D

taxreliever 07-08-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatherdoug (Post 659389)
Actually, it was the drachma. :D

Hahaha!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

CowboyBilly9Mile 07-08-2015 11:45 AM

I've always prefered to blend in with the crowd and be less easy to recognize, therefore I go with the state ones. On the other hand.......if I had an older vehicle I'd consider a period correct/year of issue correct plate and tag for that vehicle. Depending on the year and especially the condition, those can bring some good coin to an ebay seller.

taxreliever 07-08-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile (Post 659393)
I've always prefered to blend in with the crowd and be less easy to recognize, therefore I go with the state ones. On the other hand.......if I had an older vehicle I'd consider a period correct/year of issue correct plate and tag for that vehicle. Depending on the year and especially the condition, those can bring some good coin to an ebay seller.

Thanks Bill.....the period correct year plate would be awesome.....I didn't even know we could do that. If I found a 1977 Maine plate, are you saying I might be able to use it today?

But I hear you on the blending in thing.....in my small town, driving these rigs around town, it is literally impossible to blend in regardless of what the plates say......I stick out big time and people know when the truck is on the road.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Ford Truck Fanatics is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.