Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6 wheel drive conversion

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I don't have any info on this unit, other than a buddies Dad saw it while RVing
over the summer. He said all axles were driven.

6_wheel_1.jpg

6_wheel_2.jpg

6_wheel_3.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks like crap... I wonder how well it performs.

primetime

sawmill slave
A few years ago Diesel Power did a feature on that guy when he had a 05. He`s had several, dating back back to the first 6.9 trucks in 83. He said he likes to tinker and be different. Also, the Ford ovals in the center caps ride on ball bearings so they don`t turn with the wheels. The bed also had a subframe that mounted the 5th wheel and allowed the bed to tilt.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I saw that one in diesel power you speak of... very cool. IIRC it was not duals though.

And as for higher weight capacity we had this discussion in the diesel bronco thread... higher capacity in practice, as long as you don't get caught by the dot. then your screwed...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I don't like the square fenders but it looks cool otherwise. Wouldn't own one though.

They use a lot of these 6x6 conversions in Australia for long haul offroad trips etc.
Up to 100% increase in wheel articulation over standard 4x4 vehicle. 70% decrease in chassis deflection (vehicle remains far more level).

Here is a company specializing in converting them

http://www.6x6australia.com.au/index.php
This is the bit i like best

We have done High Speed Manoeuvres such as Very Fast Lane Changes at up to 160kl/hr with full load of THREE Tonnes on the Vehicles, with exceptional results. The In-Built Six Wheel Steer assures the Vehicle Operator is in control completely. The Six Wheel Steer is totally controlled at the design stage and results from body roll, having more effect when the vehicle is fully loaded and driven at high speeds.

Here is one of the landcruiser conversions

six_wheel_drive.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I wonder if this is the same guy that did the dentside 6x6 that was on ebay a year or so ago. DO all of these 6x6 conversions have the rear axle locked to the second one??? Or is it possible to manually engage one of the rears independent from the other???

Ford Truck Articles